bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programming Turbo SIM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keenhon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Programming Turbo SIM Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm very interested in your new product Turbo SIM. From the documentation on your site, it mentioned that I can use the cable utils to program Turbo SIM. Most phones nowadays do not have a serial interface to the PC. I was thinking of doing it in the following way:

Code:
1. Put turbo SIM into a Wireless Modem (e.g Siemens MC35) since it supports the AT-Commands mentioned and is linked via serial interface to the PC
2. Program turbo SIM
3. Take turbo SIM out from the modem and put into my phone.
4. Execute the Application I have written

Can you tell me whether it will work? If it does, then it would save me on the Turbo Programmer.

Side question, what is the size of Turbo SIM EEPROM? I suppose there is no external memory card for it. Just want to do some simple calculation on the amount of data I can store.

Thanks in advance. Wink
pz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Programming Turbo SIM Reply with quote

keenhon wrote:
Hi,
I'm very interested in your new product Turbo SIM. From the documentation on your site, it mentioned that I can use the cable utils to program Turbo SIM. Most phones nowadays do not have a serial interface to the PC. I was thinking of doing it in the following way:

Code:
1. Put turbo SIM into a Wireless Modem (e.g Siemens MC35) since it supports the AT-Commands mentioned and is linked via serial interface to the PC
2. Program turbo SIM
3. Take turbo SIM out from the modem and put into my phone.
4. Execute the Application I have written

Can you tell me whether it will work? If it does, then it would save me on the Turbo Programmer.

Yes, it will work. But "cable" doesn't have to be cable only, it can also USB, BT - all depends on drivers on windows side. These utils just open some "com" but it can be also virtual one. Programmer uses same access to "com" and it's usb.

So yes you can save on programmer then.

Quote:

Side question, what is the size of Turbo SIM EEPROM? I suppose there is no external memory card for it. Just want to do some simple calculation on the amount of data I can store.

Thanks in advance. Wink

EEPROM is 4KB, usable is about 3KB (size of heap for emalloc()). As for application size (stored in FLASH) you have about 30KB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: