bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GPRS downloading

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: GPRS downloading Reply with quote

Hi, would it be possible to download applications/files directly from networks over GPRS?
pz

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: GPRS downloading Reply with quote

DAB wrote:
Hi, would it be possible to download applications/files directly from networks over GPRS?

Yes, on phones supporting SIM Toolkit GPRS it would be possible to have application downloading file from net to the memory card and upload application from the card.
It is user space thing.
keenhon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: GPRS Question Reply with quote

Hi pz,

I'm interested in doing an application using GPRS as the media for communication. I'm not sure what you mean by phones supporting SIM Toolkit GPRS, can you give some example models of mobile phones.

Saw the code net.c in the documentation page, not very informative. Can you provide some codes on how to set the APN as well as how to set the destination IP and port through TCP or UDP.

Thanks in advance. Wink
pz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: GPRS Question Reply with quote

keenhon wrote:
Hi pz,

I'm interested in doing an application using GPRS as the media for communication. I'm not sure what you mean by phones supporting SIM Toolkit GPRS, can you give some example models of mobile phones.

Please look at 11.14 standard. There are special commands for networking (GPRS/CSD) from SIM Toolkit (OPEN_CHANNEL, CLOSE_CHANNEL, SEND_DATA, RECEIVE_DATA, GET_CHANNEL_STATUS). If these are not supported byt he phone then you cannot use it.

As for phones - siemenses since c55 (but sometimes it's somehow buggy), motorola phones.

Quote:

Saw the code net.c in the documentation page, not very informative. Can you provide some codes on how to set the APN as well as how to set the destination IP and port through TCP or UDP.

Thanks in advance. Wink

APN is set globally in the profile (there is menu item), destination/port/protocol are given as parameter to OPEN_CHANNEL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: