bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CANīT GET PAGER V2 TO OPERATE ON TURBO LITE 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorgeco

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: CANīT GET PAGER V2 TO OPERATE ON TURBO LITE 2 Reply with quote

Hi, although I am trying to implement a basic application of Pager v2 on a Turbo Lite 2 board I canīt get it to operate.
My application consists of controlling an output port on a ME (SonyEricsson T290a or Nokia 1100) by means of a SMS from another cell phone.

My set up configuration for port P5 is:
Turbo / Pager / Config / P5:
Label: ILUM
Messages > State: Light
Messages > On: On
Messages > Off: Of
Messages < On: Light is on
Messages < Off: Light is off
Numbers: All
I/O: Out
On Level: 1
Value: Off
Reset Value: Off

I understand that:
When I send a "Light" SMS I should get a "Light is off" response,
and when I send a "Light On" SMS port P5 should go from "0" to "1" and I should get a "Light is on" response SMS, but neither happens.

The service provider is "Personal", from Argentina.

I would be very indebted if you help me to solve the problem.
Thanks a lot.
pz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CANīT GET PAGER V2 TO OPERATE ON TURBO LITE 2 Reply with quote

jorgeco wrote:
Hi, although I am trying to implement a basic application of Pager v2 on a Turbo Lite 2 board I canīt get it to operate.
My application consists of controlling an output port on a ME (SonyEricsson T290a or Nokia 1100) by means of a SMS from another cell phone.

My set up configuration for port P5 is:
Turbo / Pager / Config / P5:
Label: ILUM
Messages > State: Light
Messages > On: On
Messages > Off: Of
Messages < On: Light is on
Messages < Off: Light is off
Numbers: All
I/O: Out
On Level: 1
Value: Off
Reset Value: Off

I understand that:
When I send a "Light" SMS I should get a "Light is off" response,

Yes, you should get state of the P5.

Quote:

and when I send a "Light On" SMS port P5 should go from "0" to "1" and I should get a

Only "On" - not "Light On".

Quote:

"Light is on" response SMS, but neither happens.

The service provider is "Personal", from Argentina.

I would be very indebted if you help me to solve the problem.
Thanks a lot.

Are you sure the sms goes to SIM card (i.e. is being stored there) and not to internal phone memory? Can you see it when delivered?
jorgeco

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: CANīT GET PAGER V2 TO OPERATE ON TURBO LITE 2 Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you sure the sms goes to SIM card (i.e. is being stored there) and not to internal phone memory? Can you see it when delivered?

I made some tests just to be sure how my ME handles messages and to see the interactions with Turbo Lite 2 (TL2):

a) ME without TL2
Memories: internal and SIM both at 0% used.
When I send a message with another cell phone, my ME displays: "New message, read now?,
Memories: internal 2%, SIM 0% used.
If I manually save the message to SIM,
Memories: internal 0%, SIM 4% used.
Conclusion: my ME saves messages to internal memory and only optionally allows to manually save to SIM card.

b) ME with TL2
Turbo SMS: Access/test=Everyone on, PID=0x7F, Autodelete n7F=no, Test PID. It sends a message "turbo/Mtest" to another cell phone correctly.
When I send an "On" message with another cell phone, my ME displays: "New message, read now?,
Even if I save the message to SIM manually (which isnīt acceptable), port P5 doesnīt turn on.
So the next step is to fill the internal memory.

c) ME with TL2 new try
So, once again:
I filled the internal memory with draft-to-be-send messages, and then proceeded to clear SIM SMS.
Memories: internal 100%, SIM 0% used.
When I send an "On" message with another cell phone, my ME displays: "Message on hold, SMS full. Delete old text messages"
The ME doesnīt show any incoming mesages, neither any change in internal/SIM SMS memory.

I wait for your suggestions, thanks!
pz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: CANīT GET PAGER V2 TO OPERATE ON TURBO LITE 2 Reply with quote

jorgeco wrote:
Quote:

I made some tests just to be sure how my ME handles messages and to see the interactions with Turbo Lite 2 (TL2):

a) ME without TL2
When I send a message with another cell phone, my ME displays: "New message, read now?,
If I manually save the message to SIM,
Memories: internal 0%, SIM 4% used.
Conclusion: my ME saves messages to internal memory and only optionally allows to manually save to SIM card.

Yes.

Quote:

b) ME with TL2
Turbo SMS: Access/test=Everyone on, PID=0x7F, Autodelete n7F=no, Test PID. It sends a message "turbo/Mtest" to another cell phone correctly.
When I send an "On" message with another cell phone, my ME displays: "New message, read now?,
Even if I save the message to SIM manually (which isnīt acceptable), port P5 doesnīt turn on.
So the next step is to fill the internal memory.

Turbo SMS is not related to pager application. Anyway if your phone shows message with PID 0x7F then it's bug as hell - this message should not be shown to user and goes immediately to SIM and it's not even stored there. Data download envelope is used instead. What ME is this?

Quote:

c) ME with TL2 new try
So, once again:
I filled the internal memory with draft-to-be-send messages, and then proceeded to clear SIM SMS.
Memories: internal 100%, SIM 0% used.
When I send an "On" message with another cell phone, my ME displays: "Message on hold, SMS full. Delete old text messages"
The ME doesnīt show any incoming mesages, neither any change in internal/SIM SMS memory.

I wait for your suggestions, thanks!

This is bug on phone side - it doesn't store sms to SIM at all, not even datadownload. Can you try different ME?

Btw. what is the dealy between turn on and sms being received? For 2-5 minutes phone might not know the free space on SIM and hence always keeps the message in internal memory.
jorgeco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: CANīT GET PAGER V2 TO OPERATE ON TURBO LITE 2 Reply with quote

The ME I was talking about is a SonyEricsson T290a, and I couldnīt find a way to configure it so it stores incoming/outgoing messages to SIM as I understand is required, and so decided to change phones.

I repeated the test now with TL2+SIM connected to a Nokia 1100.
When an "On" message from another phone arrives, the Nokia immediately turnes Pin P5 output from "Off" to "On", and returns the message "Light is on" (following your explanation in the Userīs Manual).

That is the good part, things beginning to normalize.
The bad one is that ME <->Turbo <-> SIM interfacing seems to be very unreliable.
Every time I turn on the Nokia, the network begins to remind me to INSERT SIM every few seconds. Sometimes the connection remains stable after a long time waiting.
I found a curious way to avoid the INSERT SIM message: I went to Turbo SMS and configured Access/test=Everyone On, PID=0x7F, Test PID and send a test message to my other phone. After that, who knows why, connection remains stable and thereīs no INSERT SIM anymore.
The problem returns again after the Nokia receives the "On" message, and sends the response, because the INSERT SIM reappears again.

I made also some tests with a MOTOROLA V180, which repeats a "NO SERVICE" message every few seconds.

Now going to my reasons for working with a TL2, I want to implement some security solutions I have designed for a commercial project and need the system to operate flawlessly.

I took notice of your Notes on ME and SIM, where you list ME MODELS.
The problem in my case is I prefer using a basic phone from current production, not an old one like those listed.

I am being hard pressed to get a solid solution ASAP. Any suggestion?

Thanks again, and again for your patience
jorgeco
pz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: CANīT GET PAGER V2 TO OPERATE ON TURBO LITE 2 Reply with quote

jorgeco wrote:
The ME I was talking about is a SonyEricsson T290a, and I couldnīt find a way to configure it so it stores incoming/outgoing messages to SIM as I understand is required, and so decided to change phones.

From what you described it's simply a bug in phone firmware - quite serious one violating standards.

Quote:

I repeated the test now with TL2+SIM connected to a Nokia 1100.
When an "On" message from another phone arrives, the Nokia immediately turnes Pin P5 output from "Off" to "On", and returns the message "Light is on" (following your explanation in the Userīs Manual).

That is the good part, things beginning to normalize.

At least something.

Quote:

The bad one is that ME <->Turbo <-> SIM interfacing seems to be very unreliable.
Every time I turn on the Nokia, the network begins to remind me to INSERT SIM every few seconds. Sometimes the connection remains stable after a long time waiting.
I found a curious way to avoid the INSERT SIM message: I went to Turbo SMS and configured Access/test=Everyone On, PID=0x7F, Test PID and send a test message to my other phone. After that, who knows why, connection remains stable and thereīs no INSERT SIM anymore.
The problem returns again after the Nokia receives the "On" message, and sends the response, because the INSERT SIM reappears again.

I made also some tests with a MOTOROLA V180, which repeats a "NO SERVICE" message every few seconds.

Could you try different SIM? We found a bug on our side related to similare behaviour if SIM issued periodic requests for location. There hasn't been such apps for long time but seem to be used lately. We have it fixed but it needs turbo firmware update (needs programmer).

Quote:

Now going to my reasons for working with a TL2, I want to implement some security solutions I have designed for a commercial project and need the system to operate flawlessly.

Sure.

Quote:

I took notice of your Notes on ME and SIM, where you list ME MODELS.
The problem in my case is I prefer using a basic phone from current production, not an old one like those listed.

I am being hard pressed to get a solid solution ASAP. Any suggestion?

Thanks again, and again for your patience
jorgeco

Please contact us on info@bladox.com to find some way how to fix your issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: