bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how do I upload an application to the Turbo Lite 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhamel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: how do I upload an application to the Turbo Lite 2? Reply with quote

Ok, I have a Turbo Programmer 2 and a Turbo Lite 2

I can compile helloworld.c successfully and can upload it to the Turbo Programmer 2.

I can get it to run with

# prog_apps -a app_nr -x 128

I get back a string of hex characters which reads "hello, world".

Now, I want to be able to upload an app to the Turbo Lite 2. I have been reading your documentation but somehow, I must have missed or misunderstood. So, could you go through the steps I need to accomplish this with

the Turbo Programmer 2 connected to the PC via the USB cable

and

the Turbo Lite 2 board connected to the Turbo Programmer 2 via the edge connector

Thanks very much,

Richard
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: how do I upload an application to the Turbo Lite 2? Reply with quote

rhamel wrote:
Ok, I have a Turbo Programmer 2 and a Turbo Lite 2

I can compile helloworld.c successfully and can upload it to the Turbo Programmer 2.

I can get it to run with

# prog_apps -a app_nr -x 128

I get back a string of hex characters which reads "hello, world".

Not that good idea to upload app for turbo into prog itself.
Anyway you can always reflash modules and init prog kernel.

Quote:

Now, I want to be able to upload an app to the Turbo Lite 2. I have been reading your documentation but somehow, I must have missed or misunderstood. So, could you go through the steps I need to accomplish this with

the Turbo Programmer 2 connected to the PC via the USB cable

Yes

Quote:

and

the Turbo Lite 2 board connected to the Turbo Programmer 2 via the edge connector

Thanks very much,

Richard

This is for debugging (with "dbg") or firmware update (with "btldr").
To upload/manage apps insert TL2 (with sim included) into sim
prog connector and use "cemu" command, i.e
"cemu [--pin xxxx] --app helloworld.trb" (--pin is optional if used sim has it enabled
- it's pin of the sim).
rhamel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Ok! I got it. Reply with quote

A million thanks, pz. Very grateful.

Just one little thing, though. You gentlemen seriously need to put some photos of the process up on the website. I thought one had to program the Turbo Lite 2 via the edge connector. It never occurred to me that I would have to use the SIM connector.

I had to use a clothes peg to hold the SIM cable in the SIM connector. One does not expect to spend good money to buy a microcontroller and hold it together with a clothes peg. Smile

A picture is worth a thousand words. Just saying.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Blessings,
Richard Very Happy
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ok! I got it. Reply with quote

rhamel wrote:
A million thanks, pz. Very grateful.

Just one little thing, though. You gentlemen seriously need to put some photos of the

Yes, we have more to publish - new devices like Turbo Mini, BRA, or BRUM modules, or even Programmer 2, Turbo Motion 2...

Quote:

process up on the website. I thought one had to program the Turbo Lite 2 via the edge connector. It never occurred to me that I would have to use the SIM connector.

Well, it would be possible but needed more kernel memory to be wasted. This is universal for all devices, also those without long connector (Turbo SIM/Mini/BRA).

Quote:

I had to use a clothes peg to hold the SIM cable in the SIM connector. One does not expect to spend good money to buy a microcontroller and hold it together with a clothes peg. Smile

Yup, we use the pegs too Smile The problem is that the sim lock used on programmer was selected before we came with "cemu".

Quote:

A picture is worth a thousand words. Just saying.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Blessings,
Richard Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: