bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Follow up doubts on Network Application

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saffron_operator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Follow up doubts on Network Application Reply with quote

Thanx for the insight. Your answers have lead me to a few quick questions now. I know this might be quite a fundamental thing for here to discuss but the answers would definitely be very helpful for my project.

1. Do you mean that turbo has an inbuilt OS with TCP/IP stack support so that I can write a network application on it ? You suggest that I write this network application and then transfer it to a SIM. What if the SIM doesn't carry an OS with TCP/IP stack for it?

2. What all do I need to buy or download to start? Will I need the programmer hardware for this specific requirement application?

3. How will I do the testing? Where will I get test SIMs from? Do the bladox folks or the form members recommend something in particular..

Gracias,
The_Saffron_Operator
pz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Follow up doubts on Network Application Reply with quote

saffron_operator wrote:
Thanx for the insight. Your answers have lead me to a few quick questions now. I know this might be quite a fundamental thing for here to discuss but the answers would definitely be very helpful for my project.

1. Do you mean that turbo has an inbuilt OS with TCP/IP stack support so that I can write a network application on it ? You suggest that I write this network application and then transfer it to a SIM. What if the SIM doesn't carry an OS with TCP/IP stack for it?

The stack is not built-in the SIM not Turbo, it is in the mobile equipment - phone/module. SIM/Turbo just asks the ME to do some operation - e.g. OPEN CHANNEL (open socket), SEND/RECEIVE DATA, CLOSE CHANNEL.

I would recommend you to took at the gsm SIM Toollkit specification doc nt. 11.14. available freely at http://www.etsi.org, everything is described there.

And look at the Net example in the turbo-devel pkg (devel-documentation).

Quote:

2. What all do I need to buy or download to start? Will I need the programmer hardware for this specific requirement application?

As of download - install gcc, binutils and turbo-devel pkgs from our site. Or download the Tavrix CD ISO - live-on Linux distribution with everything preinstalled, just boot in and play.

As of hardware - you need the Turbo, preferably with memory card. I would recommend the N3310 version and just do not use the plastic cover (it is package, cheaper than buying Turbo Naked and Memory Card separately).

As of programmer - it is definitely plus if you want to do your own coding - it allows to debug your code.

Quote:

3. How will I do the testing? Where will I get test SIMs from? Do the bladox folks or the form members recommend something in particular..

As I said the programmer is very helpful for debugging and testing.

You do not need any special SIM, just use your own. If you wanted to buy some smart card. look at Schlumberger, they have some starter kits. But you do not connect to the mobile operator network, it is more for security applications.
P.

Quote:

Gracias,
The_Saffron_Operator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: