bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turbo Lite2 auto alarm device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Turbo Lite2 auto alarm device Reply with quote

Hello Bladox community,

I am requesting information / tech assistance on the Turbo Lite2 alarm system. I am currently involved in a university project to implement an auto surveillance system. I am considering using the Turbo Lite2. Here are the specs my system is calling for:

Ideally, I would like to be able to access the anti-theft device with my cell phone, and vice versa have the anti-theft device contact me via cell phone in the event of a possible auto break-in. (ie., when triggered by motion perimeter sensors and/ or windshield breakage etc.)

By the way, does each cell phone require a Turbo Lite2 interface to communicate with each other? (ie., one for the cell phone in the car, and one for the owners cell phone?)

One of the features of my project is to utilize sensors (ie., motion detectors, ultrasound "for the windshields", and an infra-red camera(s)) to capture and transmit data (preferably images and sound?) to my cell phone. Is this possible with this device "Turbo Lite2? Has anyone successfully tried this idea of capturing data such as images and sound and transmitting back to the owners cell phone? and/or sending to the car real time voice from the owners cell phone for broadcast thru a speaker?

In addition, in the event of an auto break-in, I would like the device
(when triggered by sensors) to auto-shutdown the ignition, starter, battery,
and/or fuel line and possibly the electrical system to prevent the vehicle
from actually being stolen. (that is, the car will be prevented from being set in motion)

Further, I would also like to be able to disable the ignition, and battery (or fuel line) via my cell phone by calling into the device at any time. As mentioned above, ideally the car will not be in motion, if so, as Alex suggested, "limp mode" would be implemented if the vehicle were to be started up and "stolen".

I am open to any and all ideas / technical suggestions as to the appropriate direction to take for this project. Thank you.
Ed
pz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Lite2 auto alarm device Reply with quote

Ed wrote:
Hello Bladox community,

I am requesting information / tech assistance on the Turbo Lite2 alarm system. I am currently involved in a university project to implement an auto surveillance system. I am considering using the Turbo Lite2. Here are the specs my system is calling for:

Ideally, I would like to be able to access the anti-theft device with my cell phone, and vice versa have the anti-theft device contact me via cell phone in the event of a possible auto break-in. (ie., when triggered by motion perimeter sensors and/ or windshield breakage etc.)

By the way, does each cell phone require a Turbo Lite2 interface to communicate with each other? (ie., one for the cell phone in the car, and one for the owners cell phone?)

No, only the one in car needs to have TL2.

Quote:

One of the features of my project is to utilize sensors (ie., motion detectors, ultrasound "for the windshields", and an infra-red camera(s)) to capture and transmit data (preferably images and sound?) to my cell phone. Is this possible with this device "Turbo Lite2? Has anyone successfully tried this idea of capturing data such as images and sound and transmitting back to the owners cell phone? and/or sending to the car real time voice from the owners cell phone for broadcast thru a speaker?

Sound/images - no. How? As MMS? As for speaker - you need to answer call, STK cannot do it but you can use some port connected to a phone key to do it.

Quote:

In addition, in the event of an auto break-in, I would like the device
(when triggered by sensors) to auto-shutdown the ignition, starter, battery,
and/or fuel line and possibly the electrical system to prevent the vehicle
from actually being stolen. (that is, the car will be prevented from being set in motion)

OK, in AA application there is one output active when alarm is detected, to conenct e.g. siren.

Quote:

Further, I would also like to be able to disable the ignition, and battery (or fuel line) via my cell phone by calling into the device at any time. As mentioned above, ideally the car will not be in motion, if so, as Alex suggested, "limp mode" would be implemented if the vehicle were to be started up and "stolen".

This is implemented in AA by SMS.

Quote:

I am open to any and all ideas / technical suggestions as to the appropriate direction to take for this project. Thank you.
Ed

It seems you will have easy work, most is already in AA.
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Turbo Lite2 auto alarm device Reply with quote

Hello there, thanks for replying to my post / questions! A few more questions if I may. Is it possible to get the Turbo Lite2 device to interface with another ATMega128 microcontroller to attempt to handle data capture (via camera) and transmission (via cell phone)? Do you think this is possible? (ie., the data capture and transmission via cell phone)

Also, concerning the auto alarm sensor devices (ultra-sound, infra-red, and mercury tilt, factory car door and trunk lights etc.), what is the best method for connecting them to the Turbo-Lite2 device for triggering the TurboLite2 to activate and cutoff the engine, starter etc. and /or call the owner?

Also, being that only one device is required for the cell phone in the car, is this just a plug and play deal? or are there some parameter modification(s) that are required? Is the "Turbo Programmer 2" required to use and setup the "Turbo Lite2" device? Appreciate your advice. Will wait for reply. Thank you.
Ed
pz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Lite2 auto alarm device Reply with quote

Ed wrote:
Hello there, thanks for replying to my post / questions! A few more questions if I may. Is it possible to get the Turbo Lite2 device to interface with another ATMega128 microcontroller to attempt to handle data capture (via camera) and transmission (via cell phone)? Do you think this is possible? (ie., the data capture and transmission via cell phone)

In theory you could use GPRS but in practise it not be usable - not many phones support STK GPRS, or it's buggy.

Quote:

Also, concerning the auto alarm sensor devices (ultra-sound, infra-red, and mercury tilt, factory car door and trunk lights etc.), what is the best method for connecting them to the Turbo-Lite2 device for triggering the TurboLite2 to activate and cutoff the engine, starter etc. and /or call the owner?

TL2/AA2 has 2 optoisolated inputs, one is used for generic ALARM. Then there is one (not opto isolated) output active when there was alarm detected. So this one can be used (with relay) to do what you want. Or you can change the code and use opto isolated output for this - then you don't need relay.

Quote:

Also, being that only one device is required for the cell phone in the car, is this just a plug and play deal? or are there some parameter modification(s) that are required? Is the "Turbo Programmer 2" required to use and setup the "Turbo Lite2" device? Appreciate your advice. Will wait for reply. Thank you.
Ed

It's plug and play. Programmer is good for application development/debugging. You can upload/remove app without programmer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: