bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

killing SMS

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: killing SMS Reply with quote

Hi All,
I was wondering about the availability of the killing sms application
its listed on the turbo security edition flyer but I cant find it on the
web site. Is it available?
TIA
Lubie
pz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Security Edition is something else than procsms, it is enhanced and Killing SMS is extra feature. Based on user requests there will be 'ultra' level of killing sms, which will be really killing - it will block both PIN/PUK so the SIM will be unusable anymore. Futher thre will be auto closing/killing if application is left open for >~30 sec.
tetan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Ultra Killing SMS Reply with quote

pz wrote:
.... Based on user requests there will be 'ultra' level of killing sms, which will be really killing - it will block both PIN/PUK so the SIM will be unusable anymore. Futher thre will be auto closing/killing if application is left open for >~30 sec.

So when can we expect to see this new Ultra Killing SMS?
pz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends how much you will push us, we are request driven. We had a prototype but it was too strict for users. Unless you can force user to some security policy (you are e.g. in army) then most people don't care and rather prefer convenient but unsecure solution.

But this PIN/PUK killing is easy to implement.
tetan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
All depends how much you will push us, we are request driven. We had a prototype but it was too strict for users.

Hehe. Lets do pushing. Smile

Is there a chance to get more information about that prototype? May I get it uploaded on TurboSIM? What features did you had implemented?
I've recently purchased 3 of your TurboSIM Secure Edition. It works but there is a lots of room for improvements left there. Smile
Do you think it will be possible to implement Diffie-Hellman public key exchange procedure?
pz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetan wrote:
pz wrote:
All depends how much you will push us, we are request driven. We had a prototype but it was too strict for users.

Hehe. Lets do pushing. Smile

Is there a chance to get more information about that prototype? May I get it uploaded on TurboSIM? What features did you had implemented?

Kill sms that would PIN/PUK lock the card, simply using wrong PIN/PUK 10 times. Not nice to test, it just trash your card, this was one reason not too popular among users, cannot test it Smile

Quote:

I've recently purchased 3 of your TurboSIM Secure Edition. It works but there is a lots of room for improvements left there. Smile

Good, please elaborate what you miss, etc.

Quote:

Do you think it will be possible to implement Diffie-Hellman public key exchange procedure?

We have some ECC in sign apps, DF/RSA need crypto cooprocessor, not usable on current design. We have some plans for device with some crypto chip.

Why would you need that? Not good for SMS I think.
tetan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:

Kill sms that would PIN/PUK lock the card, simply using wrong PIN/PUK 10 times. Not nice to test, it just trash your card, this was one reason not too popular among users, cannot test it Smile

I have no problems tryingly it. Moreover, I've tried killing sms on TurboSIM and it didn't kill sim card.

pz wrote:

Tested with Siemens SK65 and SK6R. Problems noticed:
1. Can not switch off sms delivery confirmation. It gets annoying quickly;
2. Sometimes, received messages can not be decrypted at all or only couple first lines can be decrypted.
3. If received SMS message is deleted by Secure it generates some error in mobile phone and mobile phone has to be restarted.
4. From within Secure user has access only to phone numbers saved on SIM. It is unconvinced.
5. KillingSMS does not kill SIM card.

pz wrote:

We have some ECC in sign apps, DF/RSA need crypto cooprocessor, not usable on current design. We have some plans for device with some crypto chip.

I'm testing Diffie-Hellman ECC 256bit SMS encryption software based on J2ME. Wouldn't it be possible to have Java application in phones memory and STK application working together? If such is possible than there would be no need for any additional co-processors and just phone's CPU.

pz wrote:

Yes, the main application is encrypted SMS communication for VIP.

Actually, an idea of Secure application is very good one, all it needs is couple of improvements here and there and more testing. Nevertheless, I have one suggestion for improvement. Have you ever thought about possibility of triggering SMS destruction not only by SMS message but also by simple switch located behind battery cover. Obviously, such switch has to be possible to deactivate from within Secure application.
Such device can completely eliminate possibility of removing SIM card from stolen phones and using it to make calls. After all, when phone is stolen it is very important to disable it as quickly as possible or to make sure that thief can not make much use out of it. Looks to me that it will be very easy to implement. It will be the best to have it implemented on TurboMini since it is really small and can fit into almost any phone but at the same time it is big enough to connect external switch. All it will have to have are two small soldering lands on its surface to connect switch.

How much would such TurboMini cost and what will be a minimum order?
pz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetan wrote:
pz wrote:

I have no problems tryingly it. Moreover, I've tried killing sms on TurboSIM and it didn't kill sim card.

You mean it didn't work at all or SIM is fine after restart? It should kill ME-SIM communication, i..e. in a while lead to freeze/card error - user cannot make a calls, etc.

Quote:

pz wrote:

Tested with Siemens SK65 and SK6R. Problems noticed:
1. Can not switch off sms delivery confirmation. It gets annoying quickly;

This is hardcoded in the application, possible to make it configurable. Over here people use/like/require it a lot. Culture shock.

Quote:

2. Sometimes, received messages can not be decrypted at all or only couple first lines can be decrypted.
3. If received SMS message is deleted by Secure it generates some error in mobile phone and mobile phone has to be restarted.

2/3 - both phones or only one? Haven't seen such issue.

Quote:

4. From within Secure user has access only to phone numbers saved on SIM. It is unconvinced.

Unfortunately SIM/STK doesn't have access to ME stored numbers.

Quote:

5. KillingSMS does not kill SIM card.

As above - you see no action at all?

Quote:

pz wrote:

I'm testing Diffie-Hellman ECC 256bit SMS encryption software based on J2ME. Wouldn't it be possible to have Java application in phones memory and STK application working together? If such is possible than there would be no need for any additional co-processors and just phone's CPU.

Your J2ME application might access SIM/STK app using access to SMS memory on SIM but it cannot be triggered vice versa.

Quote:

pz wrote:

Yes, the main application is encrypted SMS communication for VIP.

Actually, an idea of Secure application is very good one, all it needs is couple of improvements here and there and more testing. Nevertheless, I have one suggestion for improvement. Have you ever thought about possibility of triggering SMS destruction not only by SMS message but also by simple switch located behind battery cover. Obviously, such switch has to be possible to deactivate from within Secure application.
Such device can completely eliminate possibility of removing SIM card from stolen phones and using it to make calls. After all, when phone is stolen it is very important to disable it as quickly as possible or to make sure that thief can not make much use out of it. Looks to me that it will be very easy to implement. It will be the best to have it implemented on TurboMini since it is really small and can fit into almost any phone but at the same time it is big enough to connect external switch. All it will have to have are two small soldering lands on its surface to connect switch.

And explosives...

Quote:

How much would such TurboMini cost and what will be a minimum order?

It's in our eshop - 49EUR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: