bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Access to phone functions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thilov

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Access to phone functions Reply with quote

Hi all,

As a newbie, I have a few questions.

1) Does one have access to phone functions e.g. the clock, stopwatch, sound etc? I want to record the clock at certain instances, save it and then send it via GPRS to internet. I think it should be do-able.

2) Is there a how-to for beginners / intermediate / expert ?

3) Where can I find out which phones are the best to use?

Regards

Thilo
pz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Access to phone functions Reply with quote

thilov wrote:
Hi all,

As a newbie, I have a few questions.

1) Does one have access to phone functions e.g. the clock, stopwatch, sound etc? I want to record the clock at certain instances, save it and then send it via GPRS to internet. I think it should be do-able.

Yes, SIM Toolkit specifies commands for timers (~stopwatch), access to date/time and there is PLAY_TONE cmd for beep (various tones are defined though the real support can be limited). But don't expect multimedia - just beep of variable duration.

As of GPRS networking the support by phones is poor though you can find success stories in these forums.

Quote:

2) Is there a how-to for beginners / intermediate / expert ?

Isn't beginner like beginner but you can try our devel docs at http://www.bladox.com/devel-docs/index.html - the "SIM Toolkit" chapter is meant as lite intro.

Further you should look at the SAT specification - document 11.14 available at www.etsi.org (freely). The newer releases have different numbering and the news are not implemented by vendors, unstable/experimental (a lot of fuzz related to UMTS) anyway - I would suggest a 2002/2003 release.

Quote:

3) Where can I find out which phones are the best to use?

Regards

Thilo

Please look at the TERMINAL PROFILE in the link mentioned above - this is a bit array describing device capabilities. There is also a list of some devices. Usually the siemens and smaller brands are best (e.g. Panasonic), Nokia is the poorest.

P.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: