bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dead MMC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kl0f

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Dead MMC? Reply with quote

Hi

I experienced some problems with my Turbo adapter, I get "insert SIM" allot from phones. Now it seems that I cant use the adapter at all.

Im not quite sure of the functionality of the MMC card in the adapter, if its only storage or if is also holds the applications?
But if my adapter seems 'dead' could it be because the MMC does not work anymore? My MMC cardreader cannot connect to the card?

Is the MMC the problem, or do I have other options?

Br
Per
Kl0f

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm its not the MMC, I can read the card in my programmer... no problem.

/Per
pz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it's the memory card - it is used just for files, application is copied to internal flash memory. (Of course if the card would be short circuited then turbo wouldn't work but that's very unlikely.)

99.9% guess it's mechanical (so far we haven't seen kaput turbo), most probably the connection/soldering of the flexible cable to pcb.

Do you have a possibility to measure/solder the connection? Anyway we are ready to send you new turbo, contact us at info@bladox.com.
Kl0f

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have done some meassuring on the flexicable, I will do some more tomorrow and let you know!

Thanks for the support!

BR
Per
Kl0f

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I did some more meassuremts and found the reason for the unstability.
I have been to hard on the flexicable when bending it to fit different phones, the gnd connection isnt working when rotating the flexicable.

Ill mail you to order some extra SIM card connectors, so I can change the current.

BR
Per
pz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kl0f wrote:
Ok, so I did some more meassuremts and found the reason for the unstability.
I have been to hard on the flexicable when bending it to fit different phones, the gnd connection isnt working when rotating the flexicable.

Ill mail you to order some extra SIM card connectors, so I can change the current.

BR
Per

Do you mean that the flexible cable is broken? Unbelievable, it stands a lot. You must be a tough user Smile

Thank you very much for the report.
Kl0f

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe its not at all broken, but there is a bad connection on the gnd cord, but I have been pretty rough on the cable, so I think its understandable Smile

Br
Per
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: