bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

client/server solution using SMS

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: client/server solution using SMS Reply with quote

Hi all,
I?m trying to develop client/server solution using SMS. I?m using 3rd party solution (?NowSMS?), in the server side, for sending the SMS.
My problem is that I need more information about the structure, header, and parameters of the Turbo SMS mechanism.
I want that my ?Turbo Client? will trigger by the server?s SMS so I put in the server message body a prefix ?turbo/M<my mime>@' and I thought this message should wake up my client but it didn?t work Crying or Very sad
When I?m using ?create_head_msg?, ?send_sms? for doing the same scenario (between two turbo client applications), it works great.
How do I implement the same on my server side?
How should I prepare the message?
pz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the DCS of server side SMS? It should be 8bit, SIM terminated - Class 2, e.g. 0xF6.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
What is the DCS of server side SMS? It should be 8bit, SIM terminated - Class 2, e.g. 0xF6.

Hi pz,
There is a way for doing it in 16bit UCS2?
this is limitation of SAT? or Turbo SIM Toolkit?

Thanks in advance
Wink
pz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
pz wrote:

Hi pz,
There is a way for doing it in 16bit UCS2?
this is limitation of SAT? or Turbo SIM Toolkit?

Thanks in advance
Wink

It should work, TP-UDL is number of octects for both 8bit and UCS2 coding. But even for 8bit your data following the header can be whatever, 16bit ucs2 as well. I would recommend 0xF6 because this is the most common value used. As for PID the best would be 0x7F - STK data so that it is always delivered even if there is no SMS space.

Just using 7b DCS would fail - header/mime is not compared properly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,
Does the Turbo SMS need UDH (User Data Header)?
If not; do I need to put the prefix ?turbo/M? + <My mime> + @ + the message as Binary Data.
Right now I get the message in my inbox (of the mobile) but it doesn?t trigger my Turbo application.

The parameters that I'm using are:
PID (Protocol ID): 00
DCS (Data Coding Scheme): F6
Binary Data: 747572626f2f4d ?.
User Data Header: - Empty ?

How do I need to do the configuration for make it works?
pz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hi again,
Does the Turbo SMS need UDH (User Data Header)?
If not; do I need to put the prefix ?turbo/M? + <My mime> + @ + the message as Binary Data.
Right now I get the message in my inbox (of the mobile) but it doesn?t trigger my Turbo application.

The parameters that I'm using are:
PID (Protocol ID): 00
DCS (Data Coding Scheme): F6
Binary Data: 747572626f2f4d ?.
User Data Header: - Empty ?

How do I need to do the configuration for make it works?

As for UDH as defined in 03.40 no, turbo doesn't use this kind of headers. Can you post raw hex output of the SMS, e.g. read it by AT+CMGR? In case you have programmer we can send you debug kernel that displays all ME<->Turbo<->SIM communcation.

Can you try the 0x7F PID? 0x00 should be fine but 0x7F triggers ENVELOPE PP DOWNLOAD - it's better and cleaner approach (SMS is delivered even if SIM SMS if full and doesn't have to be deleted).

As for '@' - it should be 0x00 (= commercial at in 03.38 gsm default alphabet). I don't know how you construct you header on sender side, is it '\0' ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:

As for UDH as defined in 03.40 no, turbo doesn't use this kind of headers. Can you post raw hex output of the SMS, e.g. read it by AT+CMGR? In case you have programmer we can send you debug kernel that displays all ME<->Turbo<->SIM communcation.
As for '@' - it should be 0x00 (= commercial at in 03.38 gsm default alphabet). I don't know how you construct you header on sender side, is it '\0' ?[/

It is working.
The problem was '@' I thought that I need to add it to the header.
thank you.

pz wrote:

Can you try the 0x7F PID? 0x00 should be fine but 0x7F triggers ENVELOPE PP DOWNLOAD - it's better and cleaner approach (SMS is delivered even if SIM SMS if full and doesn't have to be deleted).

Yes I know but my operator doesn't support it.
There is another way to do it?

Nunu.
pz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

pz wrote:

Yes I know but my operator doesn't support it.
There is another way to do it?

Nunu.

If not supported then you have to use 0x00 Sad In Turbo->Setup->Turbo SMS you can set to autodelete such messages so that SIM SMS memory is kept free.
Btw. Can you tell us what operator it is? Lately most (all that were problematic we knew of) statted to allow 0x7F.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange Israel.
BTW Mary Xmas
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: