bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

?Insert SIM?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: ?Insert SIM? Reply with quote

Hi,
I have problem with turbo-lite initiation. It worked fine but suddenly it is unrecognized in my phone (The alert ?Insert SIM? appears).
As I guess there are two possibilities for that:
1. The contacts are bad although they seems to be OK
2. I need to do Hard RESET to Turbo-Lite

My question is whether hard reset can solve this problem? If yes how I do it?
I don?t mean reset with TPIN because this is not possible in my case.

Thanks in advance
pz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ?Insert SIM? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hi,
I have problem with turbo-lite initiation. It worked fine but suddenly it is unrecognized in my phone (The alert ?Insert SIM? appears).
As I guess there are two possibilities for that:
1. The contacts are bad although they seems to be OK
2. I need to do Hard RESET to Turbo-Lite

My question is whether hard reset can solve this problem? If yes how I do it?
I don?t mean reset with TPIN because this is not possible in my case.

Thanks in advance

Applications are not initialized nor eeprom content read until there is PIN inserted, so if anything was wrong regarding memory then it would be wrong flash. Can you remember what was the last thing you did befor the problem started to happen?

TPIN clears eeprom causing turbo to re-initiate its content, there is no harder reset, only firmware reflash.

Do you have programmer to try to reflash the kernel? If it is not possible then it means wrong contact. Can you try to measure if contacts are ok?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ?Insert SIM? Reply with quote

pz wrote:

Applications are not initialized nor eeprom content read until there is PIN inserted, so if anything was wrong regarding memory then it would be wrong flash. Can you remember what was the last thing you did befor the problem started to happen?

Do you mean that there was something I did (programmatically) that causes this problem?
The last thing that I did was testing my application that was listening to MT Call event and when I received incoming call I did reject to that call and after the phone was stuck.
The only thing I could do is to restart the phone by taking off the battery.
From that point the phone keep asking me for ?Insert the SIM? alert all the time.

pz wrote:

TPIN clears eeprom causing turbo to re-initiate its content, there is no harder reset, only firmware reflash.

Do you have programmer to try to reflash the kernel? If it is not possible then it means wrong contact. Can you try to measure if contacts are ok?

Do you mean that I can re-flash the turbo-lite with the programmer? Or re-flash the programmer kernel itself?
pz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ?Insert SIM? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
pz wrote:

Do you mean that there was something I did (programmatically) that causes this problem?
The last thing that I did was testing my application that was listening to MT Call event and when I received incoming call I did reject to that call and after the phone was stuck.
The only thing I could do is to restart the phone by taking off the battery.
From that point the phone keep asking me for ?Insert the SIM? alert all the time.

While very unlikely it is possbile that broken application could call function for memory flashing and trashed flash memory.

Quote:

pz wrote:

Do you mean that I can re-flash the turbo-lite with the programmer? Or re-flash the programmer kernel itself?

Well, you can do both Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: