bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory card vs serial memory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Santi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Memory card vs serial memory Reply with quote

I would like to ask developers of Turbo Sim why they use the external memory card. Wouldn`t be easier to add any of serial/I2C 2Mb or bigger memory directly on the Turbo Sim? Their packages today are really small and it will make the Turbo Sim adapter smaller so better to fit into phones.
pz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the point was/is to have *removable* memory, useful for e.g. position logging.Copying large data to/from by mobile phone cable is very slow. Also Turbo Adapter was developed when there were only few devices equipped with memory card.

You are right that onboard memory would be smaller and also cheaper.

Just a note - memory card is on Turbo Adapeter, Turbo SIM, i.e. the smallest SIM like device, is without any external memory. We see that our product naming is getting confusing and we work on product guide with feature tables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: