bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solution for programming errors in iphone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
todro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Solution for programming errors in iphone Reply with quote

I have read several times that there is a communication problem once trying to programm the turbosim inside the iphone.

I faced this problem several times in the past and since firmware 1.0 it has been gotten worse with every update until today (V1.1.2)

The problem seems to be baudrate related. Once I set the baudrate to 57600, everything is fine whenever I try to access the turbosim:

turbo-info -b57600

or

turbo-info -b57600 -v
LLcoolR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think your mehtod helps also here:

after I type turbo-info in winscp terminal i´m always getting this error

/bin$ turbo-info
initializing modem
AT+CPMS="SM","SM"
AT+CPMS="SM","SM"
ERROR
AT+CMGF=0
AT+CMGF=0
ERROR
AT+CPMS?
AT+CPMS?
ERROR
modem initiated
Mobile Phone/Serial Cable Communication Error

i tried to fit the turbosim and the at&t-sim as good as possible. i only see "no sim" in the upper left corner of the springboard.
twiederh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Solution for programming errors in iphone Reply with quote

todro wrote:

The problem seems to be baudrate related. Once I set the baudrate to 57600, everything is fine whenever I try to access the turbosim:

turbo-info -b57600

or

turbo-info -b57600 -v

Hmmm, I tried it:

# turbo-info -b57600 -v
initializing modem
1 -> ATV1
1 <-
1 -> ATE1
1 <-
1 -> AT+CPMS="SM","SM"
1 <- ¤?
1 -> AT+CMGF=0
1 <- ?
1 -> AT+CPMS?
1 <- ?
modem initiated
1 -> AT+CMGW=9
1 <- ?
1 -> 029100110000810004FF0110
1 <- ü
OK. No Error

I even could program the turbosim with OK. No Error, but I still have the same "No Sim" message after I load the CommCenter again. Any ideas?

Best regards,
Thomas.
twiederh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a sec: turbo-info gives back an ok even with only the original AT&T SIM in:

# turbo-info -b57600
initializing modem
modem initiated
OK. No Error

There is something wrong here.
johan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Please keep us updated on progress you make on this.
________
Opiate rehab advice

Last edited by johan on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
todro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twiederh wrote:
Wait a sec: turbo-info gives back an ok even with only the original AT&T SIM in:

# turbo-info -b57600
initializing modem
modem initiated
OK. No Error

There is something wrong here.

Try -v to see the "Read Binary" of the serial

turbo-info checks for the support of special AT commands and reads the serial number, you should see something like this

1 -> 029100110000810004FF0110

(which you should not see without TSIM).

(If you use the windows binary, e.g. with a Nokia phone, even this serial number will be printed, seems to be a bug in the iphone version of the turbo-info, so nothing special about this)

I guess you will only get an error when the special SMS commands are not supported, not in case the serial is empty.

How about the programming with turbo-app ? No error ?

Regarding the NoSIM: did you try the factory reset as stated in an other thread ? Or do you try with the downgraded 1.1.1 ?

Did you check the TSIM as I found actual iphone's sim slots to be really tight, sometimes resulting in removing the solder resist on traces which might cause a shortcut (when removing several times and "forcing" it in again)
twiederh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could program the turbosim with "No errror" at the end but that does not really help since it is still not recognized in any phone.
todro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twiederh wrote:
I could program the turbosim with "No errror" at the end but that does not really help since it is still not recognized in any phone.

In any phone, or any iPhone ? Do you use the original AT&T card when checking the STK applications ?
twiederh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TurboSim does not work in any phone regardless of the SIM I try to use it with. I tried it with a Nokia E61, E70, 6120c, 6310i, 6150 and a Palm Treo 650.
guido.deiana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: I had same communication problem. Solved .... Reply with quote

Hi guys,
my first test with Tsim was perfect and I've got an IPhone 1.1.2 OTB 4.6 working with my provider sim (Tsim programmed without any errors at the default speed).
Playing with th Phone Menus, accidentally, I've pushed SET and ACCECPT again in the TurboSim Menu with the Provider Sim inserted ..... so I've got a NOT working IPhone again.
From there, trying to re-program the Tsim I've begin to get the same communications problems of you. Problems never seen before.
The only way to program the Tsim without errors was using the -b57600 switch but, anyway, without get any result (but always NO ERRORS). SIM seen but no SIM Application menu on the IPhone ...
Well, I've cutted a NEW AT&T sim and the IPhone has begun to program at the normal speed (115200) without any errors.
Now my IPhone works great again.
Hope this help...

Guido, Venice, Italy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: