bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compiling with Cygwin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kl0f

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Compiling with Cygwin Reply with quote

Hi

I have tried to compile some of the examples with the Cygwin GCC. The *.trb files does not work when uploaded to MMC or MCU, I can upload the Helloworld app, but it does not work on the Turbo adapter.
The testrefresh.trb I cant upload, I get 'Bad file' when uploading with 'cemu --app testrefresh.trb'

Is something wrong with the compilation from Cygwin?`Any advice?

BR
Per
pz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Compiling with Cygwin Reply with quote

Kl0f wrote:
Hi

I have tried to compile some of the examples with the Cygwin GCC. The *.trb files does not work when uploaded to MMC or MCU, I can upload the Helloworld app, but it does not work on the Turbo adapter.
The testrefresh.trb I cant upload, I get 'Bad file' when uploading with 'cemu --app testrefresh.trb'

Is something wrong with the compilation from Cygwin?`Any advice?

BR
Per

Yes, I think we know what's wrong. The problem is in our avr-objdump where in some cygwin version (or os, or who knows what) '\n' char is stored as '\n' '\r'. in binary file. It is wrong as hell. Funny that some cygwin/windows combination work.

Either use linux (or something non ms) or we can send you fixed version of avr-objdump.
Kl0f

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm strange, if you have a fixed version please send it to me, I believe you have my mail adress.

I use both Win and Linux enviroment, since im new to Linux I try to do a 'migration' over time Smile

Thanks
Per
kalmar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know if anyone has had success using cygwin with this toolchain?
I have not done much with Linux and am not having any success with the TAVRIX CD, the cd created will not boot Sad

Thanks
pz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? It doesn't boot in just a specific hardware or in any box you have around?

As for cygwin - it's is used by quite a lot of people without problems, though some have encountered that wrong application .trb files are generated. We have fixed avr-objdump for this, drop a line and we will send it to you. We have new devel almost ready and this fix will be included.
Kalmar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
Huh? It doesn't boot in just a specific hardware or in any box you have around?

Any machine - It was something very strange.. it seemed that the downloaded ISO was corrupt - only 170Mb there, although the download window showed that it got all 596Mb correctly. I tried again with IE instead of Mozilla and same problem! Finally I downloaded it at work and now have a good CD image which boots. Maybe a HD problem..

Quote:

As for cygwin - it's is used by quite a lot of people without problems, though some have encountered that wrong application .trb files are generated. We have fixed avr-objdump for this, drop a line and we will send it to you. We have new devel almost ready and this fix will be included.

Thank you, I have two environments to play with now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: