bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TurboSIM "sim failure" PROBLEM!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lowfinn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: TurboSIM "sim failure" PROBLEM! Reply with quote

I have 3 bladox turbosims that I have been developing with, I use my ''i''phone and ssh to upload the programs to the sim for testing.

so, yesterday I was doing some coding and everything was working fine until I uploaded a piece of code which (I assume) might have had some errors in it. after a restart the phone simply said "no sim". I then tried running 'turbo-info' and got the communication error at the end.

next I ran 'turbo-info -b57600' and that completed successfully. I tried 'turbo-rm-apps' = failure .. 'turbo-rm-apps -b57600' = success

rebooted the phone - still says "sim failure" a few times then "no sim"

tried 'turbo-reset' = failure .. 'turbo-reset -b57600' = success

reboot, still "sim failure" and "no sim"

I know it is not a seating problem because I did not move the sim care at all in this process.. also I assume that "sim failure" means that the phone can see the sim, but just can't get anything from it..

PLEASE HELP!?!?

thanks

EDIT: this is in NO way related to i...phone unlocking or 'a'p'p'l'e's'a'f't' .. I am actually trying to develop my own sim applications
lowfinn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A post I was reading further down the forum made me think that maybe after the 'turbo-reset' my sim might be missing the sim.trb application,

so I tried

'turbo-reset -b57600' (just to be sure it was blank)
'turbo-app -b57600 sim.trb' (after I loaded sim.trb onto my phone)

I got "ok no error" .. restarted my phone.. still get "sim failure" 2 times then "no sim"..

please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out.
lowfinn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a reply via email from Bladox. They said to use the TPIN to reset the Turbo. I had thought that the 'turbo-reset' command would do the same thing but I guess I was wrong. Anyways, here is the solution for anyone reading:

-remove turbo from sim, place sim in phone by itself.

-turn on SIM PIN (make sure you know what the SIM PIN is, usually some default set by manufacturer - at&t = '1111')

-put turbo back on sim, insert into phone

-my iphone said "sim locked", I went to dial a call and it gave me the option to unlock the sim (listed I had 3 tries left). I entered the bladox TPIN and it said 'unlock failed' but still listed I had three tries, I entered the real SIM PIN and unlocked the phone, turbo was reset Smile

note: I had to remove the turbo for the first step because I was unable to turn the SIM Lock on while the turbo was attached.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: