bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TurboSIM Programs OK, no app

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: TurboSIM Programs OK, no app Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been playing with the programmer, TL2 and now the TurboSIM. I used a GSM modem to try to program the TurboSIM and load the helloworld.trb app. After what appears to be a successful load, nothing seems to have changed on the TurboSIM when I put it back in a phone (RAZR V3, FYI). The Turbo menu is there and there is the Turbo SMS option, but I can't find evidence of the new app anywhere. Is this one app that won't show up and I should try another one or is there someplace specific to look?

Thanks, still very excited to be developing with your products.

B
pz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, how did you upload the helloworld.trb into turbo? All should work, maybe you could reset the turbo first just in case there is some relic from your "playing"?
littleB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the turbo-app executable on windows. Here is a snippet:

C:\usr\Bladox\turbo-cable-utils-0.7.0\bin-win32>turbo-app -v -d COM3 helloworld.trb
SRC helloworld.trb
SIZE 102
initializing modem
1 -> ATV1
1 <-
1 -> ATE1
... snip ...
ANS
1 -> 029100110000810004FF110C0268656C6C6F776F726C642E74726200?
1 <-
ANS
OK. No Error

Also, I read somewhere that you can also use the Programmer 2 to load/reset turboSIM by using the "cemu" command. When I tried this I got and error message of "Cannot open application sim.trb". Any idea there? Should the turboSIM piggy back a normal SIM in the SIM connector (that's what I tried) or does it need to go through TL2?

It would be nicer to use the programmer if possible as getting the turbo/SIM combo in and out of that GSM modem is a pain.

Thanks for your reply.

B
littleB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, realized the sim.trb got deleted from the programmer somehow. Go that back on and tried cemu, got all the good info. I reset the turbo and used cemu to load helloworld and then checked the phone ... It's there.

Sorry to bother you about this, I'll probably bother you some more about other things...
pz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, use prog+cemu. Insert SIM into TL2 and this combo into prog SIM connector. Use cloth peg to keep it in place, the prog sim connector is quite bad (historical reasons).

Use prog_apps to see what modules/apps you have in the programmer. We sometimes saw that for the first time you get "no ... module" while it is for sure in prog. After long headache we found out it has been overloaded USB, bad USB hub or cable.
littleB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got all working, needed to make sure all the right modules were on the programmer. It is significantly faster to load apps through the programmer than the modem I was using. Wow.

Thanks for your help.
pinkfoot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: No app in Turbo menu Reply with quote

Hi,

I too am having this problem but have not resolution.

I have compiled helloworld.trb and loaded into my SAMBA 55 modem using turbo-app at 9600 baud. All seemed to go ok.

When I load this into my Samsung U700 or Nokia N95, I get the Turbo menu but it only has the Setup, Turbo SMS, and About options.

I purchased the 'family-pack' of 5 TurboSIMs.

Pray tell, what should I be doing ?

Thanks
littleB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got it working with the modem. I gave up and since I had a Turbo Lite 2, I just used it to download the app.

Good luck with loading via a modem. I know it is supposed to work, but I have never been so fortunate.
littleB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleB wrote:
Turbo Lite 2

I meant to say Turbo Programmer 2. Sorry.
pz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: No app in Turbo menu Reply with quote

pinkfoot wrote:
Hi,

I too am having this problem but have not resolution.

I have compiled helloworld.trb and loaded into my SAMBA 55 modem using turbo-app at 9600 baud. All seemed to go ok.

When I load this into my Samsung U700 or Nokia N95, I get the Turbo menu but it only has the Setup, Turbo SMS, and About options.

I purchased the 'family-pack' of 5 TurboSIMs.

Pray tell, what should I be doing ?

Thanks

Assuming hellworld is corectly compiled (you may try some precompiled app from our site to check this).

The first issue is that cable utils have buggy error checking, while it says ok it may not be ok.

Cable utils (method) uses SMS as bearer, i.e. AT commands for reading/writing SMS are used. The important is that such SMS gets into SIM (and hence turbo can interfere, catch it). Some devices store it into internal memory or keep it there for a while so id doesn't get to turbo at all.

There may be following issues:
- phone does never write SMS to SIM memory - yes, there are such buggy devices
- there is no free SMS memory on SIM
- you try it too soon after phone is turned on - it takes some time before phone initiates and know istatus of SIM SMS memory (it may be few minutes before content of SIM is read by phone)

Cable utils use AT commands to specify SIM SMS memory to use, some phones do not support this command, some say yes but ignore it. You may also try to fill internal SMS memory with some trash (e.g. outgoing draft SMS).

Usually the simpler phone the better, more symbian the worse.
pinkfoot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Linux and TP2? Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the insight into the problems that can occur loading .trb files into SIM memory.

I doubt the SIM is full as I purchased blank TurboSIMs, so I suspect problems with the SAMBA 55.

Can someone confirm that the 'Turbo Programmer 2' does indeed work with linux and the blank Turbo SIMs?

If so, I will stop being a cheap bastard and purchase a TP2 today.

Thanks
pz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Linux and TP2? Reply with quote

pinkfoot wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the insight into the problems that can occur loading .trb files into SIM memory.

I doubt the SIM is full as I purchased blank TurboSIMs, so I suspect problems with the SAMBA 55.

By SIM having free SMS memomry I mean real SIM, not Turbo SIM. There have to be free SMS memory in the SIM you are using so that phone allows to store SMS there.

Quote:

Can someone confirm that the 'Turbo Programmer 2' does indeed work with linux and the blank Turbo SIMs?

Yes, it does.

Quote:

Thanks

If you want to play with development then TL2 wouldn't be bad too. It allows you to insert debug messages into your code and send them to prog->PC. Also you can see all SIM-ME communication.
littleB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Linux and TP2? Reply with quote

pinkfoot wrote:

That is the only way I have been able to consistently load without problems. For the effort and hair-pulling it has saved, in my opinion, well worth the cost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: