bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIM based Application related queries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uday

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: SIM based Application related queries Reply with quote

Background: We would like to build SIM based application but as we all know that SIM is tightly controlled by Network operators so deploying SIM based application is very difficult. TurboSIM seems to answer that problem. Our application will reside on SIM card (or on TurboSIM card). We intend to achieve following (please forgive me if I ask some stupid questions as I don?t have very deep knowledge or understanding of technology)

1. Our application will intercept events on the phone like SMS receive or send, call receive or send. (Does TurboSIM provides these events that can be captured by application?)
2. It will then look at locally (i.e. on SIM memory) based rules and decide whether to allow the action or cancel it with optionally warning to user. E.g. Corporate can allow its employees to make calls only during office hours or can call only customer numbers.
3. These rules will be configured on web site and then communicate to application on mobile on SMS, application needs to capture the SMS and decides whether it is application configuration changes and without user knowing about it, process it and update local rules database.
4. It is also required to update the application itself (newer version) may be through series of SMS or thru GPRS (if available on phone and subscriber has subscribed to it)
5. What are the ways to pre-deploy the application on TurboSIM (i.e. at the time of shipping) ? This is required when our application is commercialized.
6. For development price is ok but when application is to deployed it can be hindering factor so what would tentative rates for TurboSIM say Min order size of 1000.
7. What level of support we can get during development?
8. Last but not least, what is the need for both Turbo Lite and Turbo Programmer?
pz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: SIM based Application related queries Reply with quote

Uday wrote:
Background: We would like to build SIM based application but as we all know that SIM is tightly controlled by Network operators so deploying SIM based application is very difficult. TurboSIM seems to answer that problem. Our application will reside on SIM card (or on TurboSIM card). We intend to achieve following (please forgive me if I ask some stupid questions as I don?t have very deep knowledge or understanding of technology)

1. Our application will intercept events on the phone like SMS receive or send, call receive or send. (Does TurboSIM provides these events that can be captured by application?)

Look at 11.14 doc from www.etsi.org
TSIM can do/handle all what SIM Toolkit can. As for call control - yes, quite well supported by phones. MO SMS not that much and you don't have access to the SMS body. Received SMS is today quite a problem because standard SMS's are stored in phone memory and don't make it SIM/Turbo at all. Of course class 2 SMS are ok.

Quote:

2. It will then look at locally (i.e. on SIM memory) based rules and decide whether to allow the action or cancel it with optionally warning to user. E.g. Corporate can allow its employees to make calls only during office hours or can call only customer numbers.

Yes.

Quote:

3. These rules will be configured on web site and then communicate to application on mobile on SMS, application needs to capture the SMS and decides whether it is application configuration changes and without user knowing about it, process it and update local rules database.

Yes, you just need to mark the SMS to be for SIM.

Quote:

4. It is also required to update the application itself (newer version) may be through series of SMS or thru GPRS (if available on phone and subscriber has subscribed to it)

With Waver we have new kernel with OTA application management. Current kernels do not support it although it's already implemented using SMS but over data cabke (BT, Irda and so). It more security/management model (who can do this) that technical itself.

Quote:

5. What are the ways to pre-deploy the application on TurboSIM (i.e. at the time of shipping) ? This is required when our application is commercialized.

You can do a script and upload/configure everything with TP2. In case of bigger volume we can do this for you in production.

Quote:

6. For development price is ok but when application is to deployed it can be hindering factor so what would tentative rates for TurboSIM say Min order size of 1000.

In email but we are flexible.

Quote:

7. What level of support we can get during development?

You ask, we answer. We do also project based devel but that's pricey and depends on actual project.

Quote:

8. Last but not least, what is the need for both Turbo Lite and Turbo Programmer?

Nothing else, all devel tools are free from our site.
bladoxfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: OTA Reply with quote

Will you offer an update for current TurboSIMs kernel?
Uday

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Thanks a lot Reply with quote

Hi PZ,

Appreciate your response, I didn't understand everything as I am new to this but i will try to understand. One question did not get answered correctly is Do I need both TP2 and TL2 or only TP2 will do?

Thanks a lot.

Uday
pz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks a lot Reply with quote

Uday wrote:
Hi PZ,

Appreciate your response, I didn't understand everything as I am new to this but i will try to understand. One question did not get answered correctly is Do I need both TP2 and TL2 or only TP2 will do?

Thanks a lot.

Uday

TL+TP2 help you with development, with TL2 inserted in TP2 long connector you can see (with "dbg" util) messages from your code and also whole ME-SIM communication. This helps a lot.
tapas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: How can I download SIM Toolkit Application to Turbo sim ? Reply with quote

Which cable do I need to download my simtoolkit application in Turbo SIM. I need to purchase turbosim as soon as possible. But I dont know what do I need to download SIM Tool Kit applications on it. Please suggest me the cheapest way to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Tapas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: