bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turbo adapter as trace tool only

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kl0f

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Turbo adapter as trace tool only Reply with quote

Hi again

Im using the Adapter and the programmer to debug SIM's and handsets, but when debuggin it seems that the Adapter changes the 'natural' coded functionality of my STK applications.

Is it possible to have the Adapter 'disable' itself, and make it work as a spy tool only? So it just passes on the communication between SIM and handset without interfering?

BR
Kl0f
pz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it would be possible but is it really needed? IIRC following is modified:
- command number
- menu items are emulated with select item
- EF_SST
- pictures are provided

Maybe some other stuff, but very litte. Can you provide info what causes you trouble?
Kl0f

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the Adapter functionality actually fixes some of the bugs I need to trace?

I have some problems with SonyEricsson handsets and Setup Menu after a Refresh i performed, and I cant create the scenario when I use the Adapter as a trace.

Therefor it would be nice to disable the functionality of the Adapter and only spy the communication.

/Kl0f

PS: I did some advertising for you at the SIM 2005 conference in Amsterdam for 200-300 SIM people Smile
jsa

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the trace-only functionality is important - just the raw data.

- jsa
Kl0f

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is.

Actually, I dont think the guys a Bladox see the potential in their products as a trace tool. There are hundreds of operators/developers who just needs this functionality, and competing products are way to advanced and waaaay to expensive.

So my proposal is to do a trace version of the Adapter core, you can even wrap the Programmer up in some nice case, just for cosmetics, and do a complete 'Trace Pack' Smile

Br
Kl0f
pz

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, OK, so we have the kernel-raw-L1 - raw hex without any interference by turbo. L2 will come soon but that needs some devel. Ask at info@bladox.com for the bin.

We somehow don't know how to address the developers, are there really any?
Kl0f

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kool, you guys move so f****** fast Smile

It's most likely a major task getting hold of all developers within the operators, names, details etc.

But sending out mails, or calling up opertors is a good start. The thing is... other trace tools usually costs a minimum of 20.000 EUR (most trace tools cost from 50.000 EUR, like ORGA, Aspects and others), and thats a 'reduced' version of some test equipment. It has a lot of features that nobody needs, while your tool can show the communication and that all you need! and your price is somewhat more interesting Smile

There are developers out there, but many a already working with the SIM vendors, but even SIM vendors can use a mobile cost efficient trace tool. I have shown your products to several SIM vendors, and the response is always good, and they never believe the prices.

Every GSM operator uses SIM, so there must be some kind of 'developer' working for each.

BR
Kl0f
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: