bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MMC not present

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asciz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: MMC not present Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using the programmer to load an application (helloworld) to a memory card. It seems to work fine; I can view the file by doing "tls apps".

Now, when I put the memory card in a Turbo adapter connected to my phone and I do "Turbo -> Setup -> Applications -> Load", I get the message "MMC not present".

I don't think it has to do with the memory card since it works fine in the programmer. I have also checked that the memory card is properly inserted into its slot. I am using the memory card that was provided by Bladox.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Could it be an hardware issue?

Thanks in advance!
pz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: MMC not present Reply with quote

asciz wrote:
Hi,

I am using the programmer to load an application (helloworld) to a memory card. It seems to work fine; I can view the file by doing "tls apps".

Now, when I put the memory card in a Turbo adapter connected to my phone and I do "Turbo -> Setup -> Applications -> Load", I get the message "MMC not present".

I don't think it has to do with the memory card since it works fine in the programmer. I have also checked that the memory card is properly inserted into its slot. I am using the memory card that was provided by Bladox.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Could it be an hardware issue?

Thanks in advance!

To say true it is quite a puzzle. It can be either hardware issue or the phone could not provide enough power, i.e. having bad V-A characteristics. But we have never met any such phone, I don't believe this hypothesis.
Also every hardware shipped is tested but error can always happen.

Please could you tell us:
- what firmware version do you have? would you mind to try newer kernel?
-. what phone do you use? could you test different phone?
- is the programmer connected when trying to read memory card?
- is the card inserted before or after then phone is turned on? (it's recommended to insert the card before on)
- by a chance is there any visible failure in the way the mmc connector is soldered?

Thank you for the answers and no fear, in case of hardware failure we will send you new piece.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.0.0.35. Is that the latest or is there a newer release?

I've tried it in a Nokia 3510i, a SonyEricsson P800 and a Motorola V220 - same behaviour in all ("MCC not present"). Everything else seems to work fine, i.e. I can use the pre-installed Turbo applications. When I first got the Turbo adapter, I tried it in a 3410 that turned out to be SIM locked, could that have had any affect on the Turbo?

The memory card works fine in the programmer. (or am I misunderstanding the question here, can I connect the turbo adapter to the programmer?)

- is the card inserted before or after then phone is turned on? (it's recommended to insert the card before on)
Before. Same thing when I use the programmer.

- by a chance is there any visible failure in the way the mmc connector is soldered?
I can not spot any obvious physical faults with the mmc connector and its attachment to the card.

Thanks for your help!
pz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
1.0.0.35. Is that the latest or is there a newer release?

Nothing significant.

Quote:

I've tried it in a Nokia 3510i, a SonyEricsson P800 and a Motorola V220 - same behaviour in all ("MCC not present"). Everything else seems to work fine, i.e. I can use the pre-installed Turbo applications. When I first got the Turbo adapter, I tried it in a 3410 that turned out to be SIM locked, could that have had any affect on the Turbo?

No, it doesn't matter. Do you have e.g. Reader or SMS Archive applications preinstalled? Do they see the memory card?

Quote:

The memory card works fine in the programmer. (or am I misunderstanding the question here, can I connect the turbo adapter to the programmer?)

I meant that if turbo is in programmer and this together connected to phone (debug sceario). But it doesn't matter.

Quote:

Before. Same thing when I use the programmer.

I can not spot any obvious physical faults with the mmc connector and its attachment to the card.

Thanks for your help!

It must be wrong hardware, I have no other explanation. Please contact us on info@bladox.com to organize sending you new piece. Thank you.
jplaschke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more info on this problem.

I am getting "MMC not present" on a Nokia N95 and a Nokia E50

Thanks
jplaschke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out. the mc_detect function does not detect a memory card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: