bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Close spider with timer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbladox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Close spider with timer Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to write an application that will timeout and close itself after a certain amount of time using a timer.

I am able to properly set up the spider menu, and start the timer properly, but when the timer expires, I am not sure how to stop and close the spider menu. Even just stopping the application is acceptable.

I have tried calling spider() again, which doesn't work ... actually causes the phone to reboot eventually ...
Also, I tried spider_back. But that also doesn't work.

Is it possible to do what I want?
Thank you,
J
pz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, if it waits on phone side, i.e. FETCH was done and now you are waiting for TERMINAL_RESPONSE then you can't do it.
If you are in spider_callback then return APP_END. So you have to check some global var keeping timer and based on this either continue with spider flow or APP_END.
jbladox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Thank you for your reply, pz.

So that means, if my application is in the middle of a get_input() or msisdn() call, for example, it is not possible to do, right?
Also, that means that at any non-terminal spider node, I won't be able to check the variable, right? (because there's no callback method to check it in?)

If that is the case, is there a way to send a signal to the application? Like SIG_TERM or SIG_KILL, or something?

Thanks in advance,
J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: