bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice connection with Turbo lite?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Voice connection with Turbo lite? Reply with quote

Hello,

After reading several documents this one question is still not clear:

I would like to set up an voice connection on a GSM using AT commands. I know I can with a serial data cable and hyper terminal, but can I do that with the Turbo lite and just the SIM connector?? If yes, than I'm placing several orders Very Happy

thnx,

Paul
pz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Voice connection with Turbo lite? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hello,

I would like to set up an voice connection on a GSM using AT commands. I know I can with a serial data cable and hyper terminal, but can I do that with the Turbo lite and just the SIM connector?? If yes, than I'm placing several orders Very Happy

thnx,

Paul

Yes, SIM Toolkit allows to set up call with the help of SET UP CALL command. This command is the oldest and implemented by probably all mobile phones. In turbo there is the function set_up_call() for this. See examples/callback where is it used.

SIM Toolkit also has RUN AT COMMAND that allows to use AT commands from SIM/Turbo, but this command is rarely supported by mobile phones (some do - panasonic gd67).

P.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice connection with Turbo lite? Reply with quote

pz wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Hello,

thnx,

Paul

Yes, SIM Toolkit allows to set up call with the help of SET UP CALL command. This command is the oldest and implemented by probably all mobile phones. In turbo there is the function set_up_call() for this. See examples/callback where is it used.

SIM Toolkit also has RUN AT COMMAND that allows to use AT commands from SIM/Turbo, but this command is rarely supported by mobile phones (some do - panasonic gd67).

P.

Thanx man! So if I understand correctly the run_at_command is not necessary with SIM Toolkit.

Let say I want to implement the following:

an event on input pin of the Atmel -> call a specified number
incoming call from specific number -> change state on output pin

What would be the minimum requirements to develop this?? Would only a Turbo Lite be sufficient? Preferrably I want to develop for a Ericsson T100, which has no connection with a datacable. Can I load the application on the SIM via another telephone which *does* have a datacable, and than transfer it to the T100?

Paul
pz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice connection with Turbo lite? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Thanx man! So if I understand correctly the run_at_command is not necessary with SIM Toolkit.

Quote:

Let say I want to implement the following:

an event on input pin of the Atmel -> call a specified number

Yes, but there is (unfortunate) security feature that user has to confirm outgoing call - this is so that application wouldn't silently call somewhere and tap on user. RUN AT CMD can overcome this I think.

Quote:

incoming call from specific number -> change state on output pin

Yes, phone has to support MT_CALL_EVENT - I don't know if t100 supports it but almost all phones but nokias do.

Quote:

What would be the minimum requirements to develop this?? Would only a Turbo Lite be sufficient? Preferrably I want to develop for a Ericsson T100, which has no connection with a datacable. Can I load the application on the SIM via another telephone which *does* have a datacable, and than transfer it to the T100?

Paul

Yes, Lite is enough (though devel with full version+prog is more convenient). And yes, you can use other phone for upload and the swap turbo to t100.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, but there is (unfortunate) security feature that user has to confirm outgoing call - this is so that application wouldn't silently call somewhere and tap on user. RUN AT CMD can overcome this I think.

Ahh I see. That's a bummer, but it's logical. However, for my application it *must* be possible to do this without user confirmation. So I have to find this out.

I must say this product you guys have really looks promissing Smile I never thought this kind of communication would be possible through SIM. I'll continue my work on the prototype which uses an atmel to communicate through a datacable (the good old AT commands). As soon as this is finished, I'll switch to this product because it's so much more convenient.

Thanks for the detailed info!

Paul
Baz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: encrypted voice Reply with quote

do the voice packets run over the SIM too

The application I am looking at is to use the CSD service (active on most operators, MO mobile originate and MT mobile terminate) so that the voice could be compressed (G.723) on the Atmel (or similar), encrypted and sent over 9.6kbps modem?

similar to this:

http://www.snapshield.com/Products_fs.html

(uses a TI DSP I think) this dongle sells for a lot of money in London "spy" shops (1500EUR each?); it become a "fashion "statement" for people making "important confidential calls" Confused
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not, no voice/data link goes thru SIM (it's too slow for this).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: