bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie programmer question(s)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: newbie programmer question(s) Reply with quote

Hi

Just got the programmer which I want to upload procsim.trb to a blank turbo sim to test.

using turbo-cp I get "canīt stat procsms.trb" - which would indicate it canīt return info about the file.

is this because I am using wrong destination file for turbo sim? (/apps procsms.trb ?)

or that I put the turbo sim "naked" in the programmer (no sim card cut out on it)?

could you give an example of the command line for uploading procsms.trb to the programmer when using a blank turbo sim?

thanks very much in advance

Baz
-
pz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK., there are several ways how to upload application info turbo device (turbo sim, turbo naked, lite, ...).

The first option is to use turbo-cable-utils that upload application directly into mcu memory. As the name of this package says it uses "cable" - serial (data) cable of the mobile phone, you need the phone with AT commands for SMS (e.g. any siemens but A line).
Then connect cable to phone, insert turbo (sim,naked), turn on the phone, and use "turbo-rm-apps -d COMx (COMx if you are win user)" to delete apps from mcu memory, and/or "turbo-app -d COMx app.trb" to upload new file, e.g. procsms.trb.

Note. turbo-cp is also cable utility (i.e. not for programmer) that copies any file (i.e. not only application) to *memory card* of the turbo device, i.e. can be used only with devices that have memory card.

Another option is to use programmer. You can either upload file to memory card (if your turbo device has memory card) or upload it to mcu internal memory - same like with turbo cable utils, you just don't need phone/data cable, and it's faster, too.

To upload application to internal memory use "cemu" command. Insert turbo sim (or naked) *with sim card* into the sim connector on programmer. Then:
"cemu --pin 1234 --app procsms.trb", where "--pin 1234" is needed only if your card is pin locked.

To copy application to memory card the sytax is:
"tcp -e trb procsms.trb /apps/procsms" - copies procsms.trb to /apps dir, destination name is procsms and suffix is "trb".

You can upload any file this way, e.g."
"tcp mydoc /docs/mydoc", etc.

Uf, hopefully not too confusing mail Smile
Baz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pz,

wow! fast reply Surprised and certainly not confusing - exactly what was needed. Will try out tonight.

If sucessful will next try and build own .trb from a combnination of different example sources, so just two small ones (e.g. crypt sms and ondisplay)

To build my own "executable" .trb from two sources, Iīll need to change the makefile, anything speicifically else?

Travix works great by the way.

thanks

Baz
pz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at config.h, (un)commant what you want and do just make.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, one last, just for clarification on previous post prog_apps

I understand this to be embedded *within* an appilcation executable on a PC which then loads specific .trbīs to the programmer

i.e. prog_apps it is not a standalone command for loading (via programmer) into turbo sim / naked internal mcu memory like cemu command
pz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbo Programmer uses simillar architecture as Turbo, same MCU, loadable modules - applications. prog_apps is command to manage these apps (modules) in programmer itself.
Baz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: cemu command Reply with quote

Can you tell me which directory (on Travix) the cemu command is in? I have now found and used the others, except cemu Crying or Very sad

Thanks in advance
pz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cemu was introduced in 2 version of utils, after the tavrix. Please dowload turbo-prog-utils-2.2.0 we have on site.
We hope to update tavrix someday, but time as always Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: