bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STK menu on a Computer running on Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
denver

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: STK menu on a Computer running on Linux Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on how to develop an application that can access the STK Menu using open source technology.

Something like http://www.mobitek.com.my/SIMToolKit/STK_Maxis.html but in this case, open source - most likely but not neccesarily Java.

I do not want to use JavaCard, Simply STK - advise me on tools, API's and the best approach.

Thanks
pz

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using it with what? Modem? Anyway should be easy, hack turbo-prog-utils (cemu/sim) apps, Qt for UI...
denver

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: STK menu on a Computer running on Linux Reply with quote

pz

Im using a Huawei modem E160 modem version 11.609.06.02.94.

My ideal solution is one which will enable me to access an existing menu using my computer and work with it just like I would on the phone and also access it with Java. The idea I have is AT Commands can do this.

I'm not sure whether this modem can allow me to do this satisfactorily. Later on I intend to build my own STK Menu. Please advise me on this, and where to get the AT command set to manipulate STK Menus.

Thanks
devang

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: STK menu on a Computer running on Linux Reply with quote

i have no idea of developing new STK menu, but for accessing STK menu from SIM, u only do with wavecom modem with serial port connection.

we are master in developing similar solutions, if you want to develop any kind of services do contact dummytomi@gmail.com

denver wrote:
pz

Im using a Huawei modem E160 modem version 11.609.06.02.94.

My ideal solution is one which will enable me to access an existing menu using my computer and work with it just like I would on the phone and also access it with Java. The idea I have is AT Commands can do this.

I'm not sure whether this modem can allow me to do this satisfactorily. Later on I intend to build my own STK Menu. Please advise me on this, and where to get the AT command set to manipulate STK Menus.

Thanks
denver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: STK menu on a Computer running on Linux Reply with quote

Hi,

So long since I posted here. I actually managed to access the menu, via minicom and a friend's model - China made but aping Wavecom serial modem. I also made a few STK menus in JavaCard using Gemalto Tools - trial version, but Im yet to get free tools to work this out and emulate graphically.

Right now, I still do not have a proper command set for the Huawei E160 - E220 models, thus I can't even be sure of the expected format for USSD commands - but I'm think Huawei doesn't support STK.

Right now, my biggest concern is if there's a mobile phone that can emulate this - I'd been told that a Siemens C35 modem can, but I only got a broken one. Anyone made headway, please discuss your findings? I'd also like to know how you can actually test SIM card menus on devices without involving an MSP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: