bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Future For STKs and SIM adapters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
o4oxide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: The Future For STKs and SIM adapters Reply with quote

Good day guys.

You've been quiet for a while. Hope you are working on the next big thing.

I am really worried about the future for STK and SIM adapters as more and more people are adapting to smart phones and these phones are obscuring their SIM-ME interface such that adapters like waver will find it difficult to fit in.

SIM based apps are giving way to J2ME.

I'll like to get everyones opinion on this.

You can respond to me on o4oxide@yahoo.com if you don't want to say anything here.
pz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Future For STKs and SIM adapters Reply with quote

o4oxide wrote:
Good day guys.

You've been quiet for a while. Hope you are working on the next big thing.

Yeah, we are working on something Smile We are also slightly changing our business model to focus more on R&D and licensing our tech.

Quote:

I am really worried about the future for STK and SIM adapters as more and more people are adapting to smart phones and these phones are obscuring their SIM-ME interface such that adapters like waver will find it difficult to fit in.

The most interesting projects we see are in BRIC+South East Asia, maybe Africa. If smart or basic phone doesn't matter much. Also the more NFC is being hyped the more we see interest in Waver. The big question of who will be controlling the SE and how/what fees will be charged and shared is still unresolved and the real fight is still ahead of us. This is positive for Waver and the next big thing.

Quote:

SIM based apps are giving way to J2ME.

Pretty difficult for a bank/anybody to manage the fragmented landscape. Also it's easy to write JSR177 native J2ME app.

Quote:

I'll like to get everyones opinion on this.

You can respond to me on o4oxide@yahoo.com if you don't want to say anything here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: