bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can no longer run cemu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkylerSchneider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: I can no longer run cemu Reply with quote

I've been using a TL2 for several weeks now without problems. Previously, I was able to reflash the firmware, install modules, and then download and run example applications on the phone. I wrote a few of my own applications, and they worked fine.

Usually, if there's no SIM in my phone, it will not start up, but instead request that I insert a SIM. Recently, I installed an application that seems to have broken the TL2. When I insert the TL2 w/ SIM and try, the phone does not request a SIM (seems to have detected it), but instead, it just hangs and never gets to the main menu.

When I tried to run the cemu application, it printed the SIM_ATR line and then hanged. I had two TL2s, so I tried using the other (without any of my own apps installed) to make sure there wasn't an error with the SIM. That seemed to work fine, so apparently the SIM was fine. I could run cemu and install new apps. I tried installing the one that had not worked on the first TL2, and cemu succeeded. Then I tried to insert that TL2 into my phone, and the hanging problem occurred. When I tried to reprogram that TL2 with cemu again, it hanged after the SIM_ATR line.

I tried to reflash using install_firmware and install_modules. Both of these scripts run without complaining (they never seem to complain anyways). But then cemu hangs. I once tried running install_firmware without install_modules, and cemu then said that sim.trb wasn't found (makes sense). So I know those scripts are doing something.

I tried reflashing one of the TL2s with btldr (tprog_kernel-3.1.1.bin). I ran in verbose mode, and everything seemed successful, but now any time I try to use cemu with it, it says "NO SIM". I can still re-run btldr with successful result reported.

I've had the cable on one TL2 break once, but I resoldered and checked the connections. Everything seems fine there. I just don't seem to have a way to check the TL2 memory to see if I overwrote anything important and irreplaceable.

Any advice about what steps I can take to completely reset the state of the TL2 and get applications on it again?
SkylerSchneider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've probed the ME-TL2 interface and collected data for what happens when the phone is powered on with the TL2 w/ SIM in it. There seems to be some kind of repeated power failure issue. I'm going to email the CSV file I collected.
dary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: I can no longer run cemu Reply with quote

SkylerSchneider wrote:
Recently, I installed an application that seems to have broken the TL2. When I insert the TL2 w/ SIM and try, the phone does not request a SIM (seems to have detected it), but instead, it just hangs and never gets to the main menu.

Can you send us this application? The TRB file or sources, we can test it.

SkylerSchneider wrote:
I tried to reflash using install_firmware and install_modules. Both of these scripts run without complaining (they never seem to complain anyways). But then cemu hangs. I once tried running install_firmware without install_modules, and cemu then said that sim.trb wasn't found (makes sense). So I know those scripts are doing something.

install_firmware and install_modules are Turbo Programmer related scripts. If your Programmer hangs then use these two scripts and make it alive.
Follow this tutorial to be sure that your TP2 is OK.
SIM.TRB module installed in TP2 is necessary for CEMU command. Use prog_apps to see installed modules in TP2.

SkylerSchneider wrote:
I tried reflashing one of the TL2s with btldr (tprog_kernel-3.1.1.bin). I ran in verbose mode, and everything seemed successful, but now any time I try to use cemu with it, it says "NO SIM". I can still re-run btldr with successful result reported.

tprog_kernel-3.1.1.bin is kernel just for Turbo Programmer ! It is not kernel for Turbo Lite / Turbo Motion . I can send you the kernel for TL2 (standard non debug and also debug version for SIM-ME communication tracing).
With the correct kernel should your TL2 works again.
SkylerSchneider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I can no longer run cemu Reply with quote

dary wrote:
SkylerSchneider wrote:
Recently, I installed an application that seems to have broken the TL2. When I insert the TL2 w/ SIM and try, the phone does not request a SIM (seems to have detected it), but instead, it just hangs and never gets to the main menu.

Can you send us this application? The TRB file or sources, we can test it.

Okay. I will email this to info@bladox.com

dary wrote:
SkylerSchneider wrote:

install_firmware and install_modules are Turbo Programmer related scripts. If your Programmer hangs then use these two scripts and make it alive.
Follow this tutorial to be sure that your TP2 is OK.
SIM.TRB module installed in TP2 is necessary for CEMU command. Use prog_apps to see installed modules in TP2.

The programmer is working properly.

dary wrote:
SkylerSchneider wrote:

tprog_kernel-3.1.1.bin is kernel just for Turbo Programmer ! It is not kernel for Turbo Lite / Turbo Motion . I can send you the kernel for TL2 (standard non debug and also debug version for SIM-ME communication tracing).
With the correct kernel should your TL2 works again.

Thank you, those didn't seem to be included in the distribution I downloaded. That was the only firmware/bin file I could fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: