bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question: Intercepting Signals from ME

View previous topic :: View next topic  
primal98

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Question: Intercepting Signals from ME Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have a question regarding something I have been testing. I have been tinkering with the idea of modifying certain reads from the sim card as requested by the ME. So for instance:

1) ME Requests a file from the sim.

2) Bladox intercepts

3) Bladox requests input from the user (perhaps "enter password", or maybe it reads a password that was already stored by the user)

4) Information is sent to the bladox

5) Bladox allows the ME Request to go through if password correct.

I was wondering if such a system is possible with the bladox? I can stall the request for a little bit (through a while loop or a wait command), but when I try and send something to the user (such as by using a stk_cmd) it kills the system. It seems that if the ME is waiting for a response, I cannot send anything in between.

I would like to be able to send things from the phone to the bladox and back in between an adpu command from the ME. It could be cool for extra security, or perhaps some sort of synchronization feature, but I can't seem to figure it out. I would think it could work, but can't figure out how to do:

Any tips? I have seen that there is an STK "MORE TIME " command, which I was hoping to use to stall the ME so th at I could send a communication to the phone, but it doesn't seem to work and also kills the process.

I've read 11-4 and 11-11 GSM files cover to cover, but seem to be getting stuck at buying me some time to get a response from the user.

Thanks in advance,

Prime
pz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general yes but you can't interrupt the ME request. Such a scenario is implemented in "secure" app for SMS'es. You get encrypted SMS (unreadable) and it's stored to SIM. Then if user goes to std SMS reader (assuming the SMS is not cached in ME memory) he will see "Encrypted SMS" (here ME intercepted the ME read SMS request and returned fake text). Once user unlocks the encrypted sms in the app he will see decrypted text (ME request->app reads SMS, decrypts->returns readable to ME).
primal98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! The tip is appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: