bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

accelerometer dissable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
otunui

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: accelerometer dissable Reply with quote

Is there a way to diable the accelerometer?

I just want to use the Turbo as a GSM dialer for the alarm on my boat. But the accelerometer gives to many false alarms when used on a boat.
dary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can modify sources of Auto Alarm application (downloadable here) and upload the modified trb application to your Turbo Motion 2.
The next possibility is remove the Auto Alarm application from the Turbo Motion 2 board and upload the Pager application.
For both operation you need the Turbo Programmer 2.

If you don't have the programmer and you don't want to buy it then you can send your TM2 to Bladox and we will upload Pager or modified AutoAlarm.

Also you can buy either Turbo Lite 2 with Pager preloaded or another TM2 board (we will upload modified AutoAlarm).

Last edited by dary on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
dary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can remove one component from the Turbo Motion 2 board and disable power supply to the accelerometer. This should work but it isn't tested and I do not recommend it.
otunui

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Thanks Dary Reply with quote

dary wrote:
You can remove one component from the Turbo Motion 2 board and disable power supply to the accelerometer. This should work but it isn't tested and I do not recommend it.

I think I should test this method as I don't have time to send the Auto alarm back to you. Which component should I remove?
dary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove this component:

Let us know the result...
otunui

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dary wrote:
Remove this component:

Let us know the result...

I think it worked but the message says

"ALARM: Movement!
Blocked: No
Aircon: No
NET: xxxxx/xxxx/xxxx"

Does this mean the accelerometer is still working? Or is that the message I should get when ALARM2 is triggered with a short across P2 and GND, which is what I tried.
dary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means that there is some drift voltage (on the accel X and Y outputs) detected and this cause the movement alarm. So you have to put both X and Y signals to GND.

There are 2 capacitors in the red oval. Top of them is X and Y signal, bottom is both GND. You must short X and Y signals to GND.
Get some piece of thin wire. Solder one end of the wire to BOTH top pads. Then solder the other end of the wire to one or both bottom pads.

DO NOT TOUCH THE COMPONENT IN BLUE OVAL, DO NOT SHORT IT WITH COMPONENT IN RED OVAL!
otunui

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dary wrote:
It means that there is some drift voltage (on the accel X and Y outputs) detected and this cause the movement alarm.

Actually it seems to be fine now and working properly (no accelerometer).

I only ever get the Alarm2! warning.

So thanks to the Bladox team, this is a great solution for my boat alarm.

Cheers, Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: