bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cemu uploading pb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
macglance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: cemu uploading pb Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I have some problems about executing the command --cemu for turbo sim. When I type something like -- cemu --app helloworld I have the following:
SIM Mode initialized, sim.trb
SIM_ATR:
Then the application hangs and must be killed.

I don't know what is the problem. Is it about the version of the firmware or the COM emulator I'am using. But these commands are working well: dbg, urdfu, prog_version.

Regards!
pz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 possible reasons for this:
1. tsim is dead. Is there any chance it got broken during some manipulation? All pieces are tested before shipping but who knows Sad
2. either connection between sim and tsim or between tsim and programmer is not perfect. Can you press it with same clip to make the connection solid?
macglance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: cemu uploading pb Reply with quote

Hi guys,

tks so much for the reply because I was very confused. And I say you are a wonderful guy. Probably the tsim can be dead but the contact between tsim and the programmer is very solid, believe it! I have had problems to insert it into the programmer. I have used my neil to complete!

1) Is this confirm the fact that the tsim is dead? because when I type the command --cemu --app helloworld.trb with/not the tsim inserted into the turbo programmer, the behavior is the same I present you before.

2) And now, something I want to know is what are the steps to follow for completing physical installation of tsim in the programmer? I want to try to use another tsim and I am afraid! If possible could you provide me with the scenario with image. Confused

I will be very compfortable to see it working!

3) How can I test that tsim is well installed?

With regards!
pz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: cemu uploading pb Reply with quote

macglance wrote:
Hi guys,

tks so much for the reply because I was very confused. And I say you are a wonderful guy. Probably the tsim can be dead but the contact between tsim and the programmer is very solid, believe it! I have had problems to insert it into the programmer. I have used my neil to complete!

I'm sorry for this confusion, we sometimes forget that things obvious for us (doing it every day) can be completely confusing for new users.

Quote:

1) Is this confirm the fact that the tsim is dead? because when I type the command --cemu --app helloworld.trb with/not the tsim inserted into the turbo programmer, the behavior is the same I present you before.

It doesn't have to be dead, just bad connection between either programmer and TSIM or TSIM and SIM. Please also check if conenction between SIM and TSIM cannot be the problem, e.g. SIM is properly cut.

Quote:

2) And now, something I want to know is what are the steps to follow for completing physical installation of tsim in the programmer? I want to try to use another tsim and I am afraid! If possible could you provide me with the scenario with image. Confused

I suggest to not insert sim + tsim combo into the doors of sim connenctor (sim lock) on programmer. The doors are too tight (we are aware of this issue, but the programmer was designed before tsim was born). So just open the doors of the sim lock, lay tsim+sim onto the connectors and use some clip or just finger to keep it in place. I don't know the english word but we use the thing which is used to keep drying cloths on rope.

Quote:

I will be very compfortable to see it working!

3) How can I test that tsim is well installed?

With regards!

You get response from SIM, i.e. ATR (Answer To Reset). It means that communication between programmer <-> TSIM <-> SIM is fine.
You can use either cemu or "sim_dump -r" to get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: