bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Data download from TSIM EEPROM to PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
belve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Data download from TSIM EEPROM to PC Reply with quote

Hi, gentlemen. My TSIM application writes and reads some data to TSIM EEPROM on run time. Is it possible to download the data from TSIM EEPROM to external PC via IR or Bluetooth interface for example? Or to send the data from TSIM EEPROM to Internet? Please, give me any advice or source code example. Or by any other way excepting hardware ME specific cable? Thanks in advance.
belve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I mean in the previous post TSIM is in ME and IR and Bluetooth are in ME of course . Smile
pz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR or Bluetooth are in general mentioned in STK standards to be usable for STK networking but I doubt it has ever been implemented/supported by any vendor.

On the other hand you can use IR/BT as a modem with AT commands. Then you can use SMS to encapsulate whatever you want, you eeprom data too. This is how turbo-cable utils work/worked.
belve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you a lot Pavel. You are 100% right as always. I am just going to do that.
belve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting ... If a lot of Nokia MEs with Symbian OS Series 40 do not support CMGR/W/D AT commands what should to do to download data from TSIM EEPROM to external PC via IR or Bluetooth interface Or to send the data from TSIM EEPROM to Internet?
belve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By another words ? Is there any possibilities to convert TSIM EEPROM binary data to SMS or to a file or to any other if ME does not support CMGR/W/D AT commands? Then to load and store that data temporary in ME or in SIM card. After that there are many possibilities and features to download that SMS, file or any from ME to PC via IR/BT etc. Any idea?
pz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about any other than AT modem commands - then it doesn't matter what bearer (IR, BT, cable,...) you use.

On the other hand Nokia is generally good in supporting STK networking, check the Terminal PROFILE. Then you would use UDP to send/rec to some server. On some nokias you are able to specify how to connect to internet - wifi, gprs/3g, etc. So with wifi it would be free. I remember doing something like this with E65 couple of years ago.
belve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pavel Thank you very much for the feedback. Series 40 supports at+cmgs and networking. So you can use 1. cmgs to send sms to himself on your own ME MSDN and then download sms via pc suite or oxygen browser etc. 2. Networking to send a file to a server. Tnaks a lot for your polite thought of bladox users Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: