bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reading the Debug Output

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeditom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reading the Debug Output Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just received my SIM-ME Tracing Kit and was wondering if there was any resources you could suggest about how to understand the debug output. I'm interested in tracing all the different communications to get an idea of the initial power-on handshake.

I'm assuming that for lines such as...

Code:
FROM ME:  00 a4 00 04 02
FROM ME: 3f 00
TO SIM: 00 a4 00 04 02
TO SIM: 3f 00
FROM SIM: 61 23
TO ME: 61 23

I need to consult GSM 11.11 and work out what each instruction is. However, before that bit starts I get something that looks like...

Code:
RESET
Pff
Q
P10
A
P95
...snip...
D=0200
D=0020
U=0003
...snip...
Jff
J10
J94
...snip...

Where is that stuff documented? Is that part of the handset/SIM interaction or the trace kit talking to the software on my laptop? I did have a look through your site but I couldn't see any particular mention of it.

Many thanks,

Tom
pz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Reading the Debug Output Reply with quote

jeditom wrote:
Hi,

I've just received my SIM-ME Tracing Kit and was wondering if there was any resources you could suggest about how to understand the debug output. I'm interested in tracing all the different communications to get an idea of the initial power-on handshake.

I'm assuming that for lines such as...

Code:
FROM ME:  00 a4 00 04 02
FROM ME: 3f 00
TO SIM: 00 a4 00 04 02
TO SIM: 3f 00
FROM SIM: 61 23
TO ME: 61 23

I need to consult GSM 11.11 and work out what each instruction is.

Yes, 11.11 and 11.14.

Quote:

However, before that bit starts I get something that looks like...

Code:
RESET
Pff
Q
P10
A
P95
...snip...
D=0200
D=0020
U=0003
...snip...
Jff
J10
J94
...snip...

Where is that stuff documented? Is that part of the handset/SIM interaction or the trace kit talking to the software on my laptop? I did have a look through your site but I couldn't see any particular mention of it.

Ignore it, these are just internal debug messages related to ATR and PPS parsing. Nothing important.

Quote:

Many thanks,

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: