bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to access the menu of the tsim app when installed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
macglance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: How to access the menu of the tsim app when installed Reply with quote

Hi guys,
tks particularly to Pz!
I'm very excited now because I have uploaded my app in tsim. but I don't know how to access his menu in order to execute it. can somebody help me concerning that?

with regards!
pz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for successful upload! Was the tsim dead or not?

As for application menu, unless you haven't used some advanced functions to rename "Turbo" to something else and proc() interface to hine Setup item it should be available under "Turbo".

But where is Turbo you may ask? Smile It depends on mobile phone, on some devices it hidden e.g. under Connectivity, on some devices it's top level menu. So the question is what mobile phone you are using.

Anyway before playing with some your new application I would suggest to try "hello world" eample first - something simple that works. (I understand you are anxious to see your app though Smile)
macglance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: How to access the menu of the tsim app when installed Reply with quote

Hi pz,
as you wrote,

1) The app loaded is the helloworld.trb only Smile
I have put my sim+tsim in Nokia 5410. all interactions with my carrier are performed successfully: I can call, I can send sms, etc. but I don't see the menu relative to turbo.

2) About tsim, today, I am using the new one not the last! there is no problem.

regards!
pz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And do you see the Turbo menu at least?
macglance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: How to access the menu of the tsim app when installed Reply with quote

No. I'm looking for it in all the menu on this phone & sub menu but nothing.
pz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, interesting. We don't know this nokia but let's try some debugging, you will need to do it anyway when you'll be developing your own stuff so we can use this problem as exercise.

AFAIK you have TL2 and we have uploaded debug kernel into it (I hope I remember that, let's see). With Lite 2 and programmer you can debug all communication between phone<->Turbo<->SIM. So we will see why Turbo is not displayed, we will see what SIM Toolkit functions your phone supports and what is returned when Turbo/SIM requests SET_UP_MENU.

Steps:
1. insert SIM into TL2
2. insert TL2 into phone
3. insert TL2 into long card edge connector on programmer
4. start "dbg" utility, probably you will need some COM so it will look like "dbg -d COMx [file.txt]" where file.txt is where the output is stored (it goes on screen too).
5. turn on phone, let it run
6. to stop dbg press "ENTER" - this is the safe way to quit it

Be careful on the TL2 in programmer connection, it's card edge connetor, not that great.

Once you get the file.txt we will see what's going on. Before posting it into forum beware it may contain your contacts and SMSes, so rather send it to info@bladox.com (depending if there is something important).
macglance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: How to access the menu of the tsim app when installed Reply with quote

please, what does TL2 mean in full text?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL2 - Turbo Lite 2 Smile

TM2 - Turbo Motion 2
TP2 - Turbo Prorammer 2
TSIM - Turbo SIM
AA - Auto Alarm
macglance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,
Now I have followed the steps you gave me in order to debug the app. but the dbg command does not end even typing ENTER. The DBG led remains illuminated. So it hangs!
Please, let me tell you what I've done:
1) I have used the Nokia 3310; then I put the sim connected to TL2 into the sim slot of Nokia;
2) I put SIM+TSIM in the TL2 sim door correctly;
3) I connected TL2 to the TP2; so,when this was done, the run led of TP2 was illuminated. So I mean it was using the power of the battery of Nokia.
4) I connected TP2 to the pc and I set the command.The file was created but nothing was wrote in.
That's all until now! Any suggestionabout some kinds to connect TL2 to TP2 or something else?

regards!
pz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macglance wrote:
Ok,
Now I have followed the steps you gave me in order to debug the app. but the dbg command does not end even typing ENTER. The DBG led remains illuminated. So it hangs!

Mmm, it seems like mingw bug related to some windows installation Sad

Quote:

Please, let me tell you what I've done:
1) I have used the Nokia 3310; then I put the sim connected to TL2 into the sim slot of Nokia;
2) I put SIM+TSIM in the TL2 sim door correctly;

Not necessary to put both TSIM+SIM into TL2, you can use just TL2, upload application there, use it for debugging and then once you are satisfied upload it into TSIM.

Quote:

3) I connected TL2 to the TP2; so,when this was done, the run led of TP2 was illuminated. So I mean it was using the power of the battery of Nokia.

No, LEDs are controled by utillities, not based on connected device.

Quote:

4) I connected TP2 to the pc and I set the command.The file was created but nothing was wrote in.
That's all until now! Any suggestionabout some kinds to connect TL2 to TP2 or something else?

regards!

Just for others - it was resolved it and we got nice log.
macglance

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pz,
Turbo is now running well on my phone!
I have upgraded all the kernels as you recommanded. I think that I can start developping my own apps now. I am very grateful to you. Cool
Have a nice day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: