bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storing secrets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
firec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Storing secrets Reply with quote

It says in the Turbo SIM (security edition) brochure:

Quote:
"Secrets ? an application for the secure storage of private information, e.g. passwords, bank accounts, credit card numbers, etc. A very handy way of keeping that critical data conveniently in your phone, yet safe from possible discovery."

I suppose the only way to access these secrets is through an application running in the card?

As for:
Quote:
"For protection against application manipulation, the device is locked and it is impossible to upload or remove applications without first deleting the pre-installed applications."

I suppose this also means that a malicious user can't read the program binary out?

Thanks.
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Storing secrets Reply with quote

firec wrote:
It says in the Turbo SIM (security edition) brochure:

Quote:
"Secrets ? an application for the secure storage of private information, e.g. passwords, bank accounts, credit card numbers, etc. A very handy way of keeping that critical data conveniently in your phone, yet safe from possible discovery."

I suppose the only way to access these secrets is through an application running in the card?

Yes.

Quote:

As for:
Quote:
"For protection against application manipulation, the device is locked and it is impossible to upload or remove applications without first deleting the pre-installed applications."

I suppose this also means that a malicious user can't read the program binary out?

Thanks.

The chip itself is locked, it is not possible to read it from outside. But locking also prevents uploading of malicious application that would read the lower 120kb of flash. The remaining 8kb of flash is locked completely and cannot be read even from application. Application can store data (see protected memory in devel doc) in this memory too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: