bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stk support on different MEs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: stk support on different MEs Reply with quote

First of all, hello everyone !
I just found out about Turbo, and it looks pretty interesting Smile

My question is:
How do I know which STK commands are supported on which mobile phones ?

You write in the FAQ, that Nokia supports only a minimum. Does it mean that none of Nokia phones support class a,b,c,d,e of STK ?
Is there some kind of a support-matrix, that shows which ME supports which STK class, or STK commands ?

--
Kuba
kuba again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: what about other models Reply with quote

I found this:
http://www.bladox.com/devel-docs/gen_me_sim.html
There are TERMINAL PROFILEs of some phones, and this is what I'm looking for.
What about others phones : other Nokias, or SonyEricsson ?

How can I find out by myself, what is the profile of a ME ?

Kuba
oaza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also appreciated some list of TERMINAL PROFILEs but I am afraid there is nothing alike on the web.
I posted nokia 5210 and samsung e700 TERMINAL PROFILEs to the development forum. To obtain that just insert turbo into the phone and sysinfo application tells you the profile.

Olie
kuba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: what if ... Reply with quote

What if I don't have Turbo (yet Smile ) ?
Maybe one can try to ask the phone vendor ? Have anyone tried this ?

--
Kuba
pz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: stk support on different MEs Reply with quote

kuba wrote:
First of all, hello everyone !
You write in the FAQ, that Nokia supports only a minimum. Does it mean that none of Nokia phones support class a,b,c,d,e of STK ?
Is there some kind of a support-matrix, that shows which ME supports which STK class, or STK commands ?

--
Kuba

As of Nokias vs. classes a,b,c,d,e we haven't seen nokia supporting anything but basic user interface commands, send sms, and cid locinfo.
Nokias simply support enough functionality for mainstream STK apps - gsm banking, cid localization and so.

We try to publish everything we come across, feel free to rearange that to support-matrix.
P.
pz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: what if ... Reply with quote

kuba wrote:
Maybe one can try to ask the phone vendor ? Have anyone tried this ?

--
Kuba

Before turbo (and bladox) some of us worked in smartcards security companies (javacard/stk, etc.). To obtain any info from ME and SIM card vendors is a real pain (NDAs, money).
P.
pz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: stk support on different MEs Reply with quote

kuba wrote:

As of classes, some siemenses would fit into c and e. panasonic gd67 is b,c,e (and maybe d).

Don't know about any class a gadget (maybe some 2 sim benefon)?
P.
kuba

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: what if ... Reply with quote

pz wrote:

Before turbo (and bladox) some of us worked in smartcards security companies (javacard/stk, etc.). To obtain any info from ME and SIM card vendors is a real pain (NDAs, money).

I also have some experience with javacard/stk applications, and also had similar problems with i.e. smartcard vendors.

Kuba
kuba

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: what if ... Reply with quote

kuba wrote:

I just thought, that I can simply write an STK app, that will read the profile, and display it on screen.
It can run on a development card, since it doesn't have to connect to GSM network at all.

Kuba

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: what if ... Reply with quote

kuba wrote:
kuba wrote:

I just thought, that I can simply write an STK app, that will read the profile, and display it on screen.
It can run on a development card, since it doesn't have to connect to GSM network at all.

Kuba

Yes, should be possible. See the MEProfile class.

In turbo the terminal_profile() keeps the array, app sysinfo just displays it.

P.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: