bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change Turbo Icon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felix

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Change Turbo Icon Reply with quote

Hi,

How can the logo for the Turbo toolkit be replaced if you have created your own application?

Regards

Felix
pz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Change Turbo Icon Reply with quote

Felix wrote:
Hi,

How can the logo for the Turbo toolkit be replaced if you have created your own application?

Regards

Felix

Do you mean the "Turbo" text or icon in the phone user interface? The "turbo" text modification is new kernel feature since 1.0.0.34 but we are yet to release the turbo-devel package.
As for the icon the 11.14 standard allows to set up user picture but it's rarely supported by phones. It would require new set_up_menu() API function, we can implement it if needed. What phone do you have?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Change Turbo Icon Reply with quote

pz wrote:
Felix wrote:
Hi,

Regards

Felix

Do you mean the "Turbo" text or icon in the phone user interface? The "turbo" text modification is new kernel feature since 1.0.0.34 but we are yet to release the turbo-devel package.
As for the icon the 11.14 standard allows to set up user picture but it's rarely supported by phones. It would require new set_up_menu() API function, we can implement it if needed. What phone do you have?

I assumed the "turbo" menu were an icon, but as i understand there is one icon and its corresponding text?

In that case i'd like to change the TURBO text to a text of my choice.

In the standard 11.14 there are no standard icons defined. How are the "turbo" icon accessed? Would it be possible to implement a custom icon?

I'm currently working with a Nokia 6150 but would migrate towars a lower cost 3100/3310/3350

Regards

Felix
pz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Change Turbo Icon Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
pz wrote:
Felix wrote:
Hi,

Regards

Felix

I assumed the "turbo" menu were an icon, but as i understand there is one icon and its corresponding text?

Yes. It depends on mobile phone what is presented to user. In past there were no fancy icons (=images, pictures) and just text was offered. Newer phones present image and text. In the 11.14 icon is image, text is ALPHA. In Turbo API we use icon term for image.

STK SET_UP_MENU commands allows to use both, ALPHA is mandatory, ICON is optional. Most phones support ALPHA only.

Quote:

In that case i'd like to change the TURBO text to a text of my choice.

The possibility to change ALPHA of SET_UP_MENU (set_up_menu() call) is new in kernel 1.0.0.34 and we are yet to release API.
If you have kernel >=1.0.0.34 and you need to change ALPHA you can do following:
1. include this code into stklib.h:
Code:

/**
\ingroup api_stk
Set top-level menu label. Can be used in #ACTION_INSERT_MENU handling code only.

\param text     Menu item text, \ref string_alpha or unpacked \ref string_slv, c
an be from RAM, EEPROM, PROGMEM.
\sa #ACTION_INSERT_MENU
*/

extern void set_menu_alpha(const u8 * text);

2. in turbo-devel/lib/public_calls append this line:
Code:

set_menu_alpha           = public_calls + 760;

That's it.

Example how to use it:
Code:

u8 PROGMEM t_Foo_en[] = "My Alpha";

void turbo_handler (u8 action, void *data)
{
  switch (action)
  {
    case ACTION_INSERT_MENU:
      set_menu_alpha(t_Foo_en);
      insert_menu (t_Foo_en);
      break;
    case ACTION_MENU_SELECTION:
      stk_thread (action_menu, data);
      break;
    default:
      break;
  }
}

If you have programmer and you need newer kernel send a mail to info@bladox.com and we will send you last kernel.
You can upload new kernel with the help of programmer.

Quote:

In the standard 11.14 there are no standard icons defined. How are the "turbo" icon accessed? Would it be possible to implement a custom icon?

Coding of images and the way the are stored on SIM is described in 11.11.
Turbo supports icons/images, see
http://www.bladox.com/devel-docs/group__api__img.html

Quote:

I'm currently working with a Nokia 6150 but would migrate towars a lower cost 3100/3310/3350

Regards

Felix

The probably don't support images/icons but text is good Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: