bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Product - Turbo SIM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: New Product - Turbo SIM Reply with quote

Yup!

Turbo SIM, the new product we have been working on lately is born. You have to see it to believe, we have really enjoyed playing with materials, lasers and other nifty tools to make it happen.

Turbo SIM is very tiny device that is inserted into the phone SIM lock together with operator SIM. The trick lies in cutting off small piece of the SIM card plastic to make room for MCU - just the plastic, the SIM card remains working and has the same dimensions (w x h) so can still be used without Turbo SIM.

We have samples available now and we are working on full production, documentation, pictures, sales materials, etc.

As for price it will be 49 EUR for one piece with aggressive volume discounts to be interesting for distributors.

Let's celebrate!

Your Santa BLADOX

PS: This is the godzilla mentioned in previous memo, don't expect anything bigger soon (for couple of months at least Smile )

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new device , is open source too ? , what MCU you use for this ?

i have buy turbo programmer , alarm etc .. ,

have you same idea about this new product , i mean Dev board exemple etc ..

THx
pz

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same architecture as other products for Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter family, i.e. same mcu atmega128, same development, apliiacion compatible.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean this product

this use AT128 ?? hummmm

PS : my question was for : TURBO SIM , sorry if misunderstanding
pz

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this product Turbo SIM uses atmega128

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waw so is super Smile i am very interessed ,

i juste get 5 days ago my all your other product , and i juste call my resseler here ,

he not have this new product ,

i will start dev in what i have , and will be very impatient to have this one Smile

thx for your good product

NB : can you give me link in atmel site for have doc about this atmega128 ( i mean package , what i must order for have same and start my test )

BR
pz

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's atmega128 in mlf package "tuned" by us to be lower. There is photo of this card/package in our eshop.
magic

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Firmware Upgrade? Reply with quote

Hi!

Is it possible for the user to update the firmware in Turbo SIM?
If yes, can I do this with Turbo Programmer? (how?)
Is the Firmware the same as in Turbo Naked?

In Future I would like to write my own Firmware for Turbo SIM (Instead of "Turbo" on 1st level I would like to see my App there) , is it possible to get from you the source code of current Turbo SIM Firmware (to use it as template instead developing everything from scratch)

Thanks,
Magic
pz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Firmware Upgrade? Reply with quote

magic wrote:
Hi!

Is it possible for the user to update the firmware in Turbo SIM?

Yes.

Quote:

If yes, can I do this with Turbo Programmer? (how?)

Yes, with prog. It has SIM connector and you just insert tsim there.

Quote:

Is the Firmware the same as in Turbo Naked?

Yes, you could use this firmware but it's waste of memory, tsim doesn't have memory card (naked can) so there is code for this.

Quote:

In Future I would like to write my own Firmware for Turbo SIM (Instead of "Turbo" on 1st level I would like to see my App there) , is it possible to get from you the source code of current Turbo SIM Firmware (to use it as template instead developing everything from scratch)

There is little chance you would be able to complete kernel yourself (of course possible) - it's quite compilcated and esp. need a lot of testing with ~hundreds of different SIM/ME combinations.

We don't provide source but to change Turbo to something else can be done via api - set_menu_alpha(u8 * text);

Note the diference between kernel (os) and applications. There is nothing you cannot do in application and you would need to modify kernel
(if you needed something just contact us and we will try to provide needed api - we have done it several times).

Quote:

Thanks,
Magic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: