bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programmer and Windows/Cygwin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H?kan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Programmer and Windows/Cygwin Reply with quote

I'm having difficulties uploading the .trb file to the TurboNaked. I'm using wxp and cygwin.

Using prog_apps -u hello_world.trb does not give any response.
The same for prog version.

The turbo programmer is not properly installed as a device in win xp/2k due to lack of driver. Should this be ignored?

Should any of the leds on the programmer be on when the programmer is connected with the host computer?

Any hints?

Regards

H?kan
pz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Programmer and Windows/Cygwin Reply with quote

H?kan wrote:
I'm having difficulties uploading the .trb file to the TurboNaked. I'm using wxp and cygwin.

Using prog_apps -u hello_world.trb does not give any response.
The same for prog version.

"prog_apps" and "prog_version" are for Programmer itself firmware/modules manipulation, i.e. not for Turbo connected to programmer. See http://www.bladox.com/tprog-devel-doc/index.html for info on programmer. Format of modules for turbo and programmer is the same and it's possible to upload Turbo application to programmer and vice versa.

To upload application, e.g. "helloworld.trb" use the turbo-cable-utilities-0.6.1 and "turbo-app -d COM??? helloworld.trb".
You need to have serial cable and phone with AT commands for SMS, e.g. most siemenses, nokia 6310 and newer, most ericssons do.

It is possible to use programmer for copying app to memory card and then with "Setup->Applications->Load" load it into internal mcu memory.

It would be possible to avoid serial cable/memory card and upload application directly to mcu internal memory via simlock of the programmer. We will probably implement this.

Quote:

The turbo programmer is not properly installed as a device in win xp/2k due to lack of driver. Should this be ignored?

You need the ftdi driver available at www.ftdichip.com

Quote:

Should any of the leds on the programmer be on when the programmer is connected with the host computer?

No, that's wrong, only one should be on. I would suggest reflash kernel, see turbo-prog-utils package README for details. It's very easy.

(I guess it's because of the uploaded helloworld for Turbo).

Quote:

Any hints?

Ask, it's always the fastest way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: