bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eBay out of control Appears Bladox has no TurboSIM trademark

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A3Australia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: eBay out of control Appears Bladox has no TurboSIM trademark Reply with quote

Hi!

It appears that Bladox may not have a trademark on the TuboSIM and/or Turbo SIM names.

eBay has so many listings under TurboSIM - and when I challenged one of the sellers he showed me that he has applied for a trademark in many countries including Australia.

eBay will not remove any of the listings for 'fake' TurboSIM and Turbo SIM.

I sent them links to pictures of the real items, but they just ignore all my reports, and do nothing to remove the fakes.

It has become so bad, that a lot of people now believe that one type of Chinese 'copy' (the one with the PCB marked "ChinaGPPSSIM") is the 'real' TurboSIM !

I know Bladox could show that they have used the name since at least 2004 - but if they don't even try to protect their name they will loose it.

A3 Australia
pz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bladox" has been (R)egistered for many years. For Turbo SIM we applied for (R)egistration before Christmas based on behaviour of these leeches. It may be possible they applied for (R) in some regions but we should be in possition to easily defend our trade marks there too. And we will.

Overall nasty and indecent.

Real Turbo SIM has BLADOX on the PCB.
A3Australia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Trademarks Reply with quote

Yes

I have already given you info on these guy by private email.

After they claimed to already have "registered the TurboSIM trademark in Australia" I challenged them to prove it, and told them that they could have only "applied for a trademark" - but they never replied to me again.

I have already checked with IP Australia (who handle trademarks for Australia), and I have to go to their office in Sydney city after the New Year holidays and do a manual search to see if they really have made an application.

We (you) can then challenge the application. I had some experience with lodging trademark applications in the "old days" and I know it takes some time to get registered (up to 18 months). Most people only want the Trademark Applied for logo anyway.

Any luck with eBay? Did you fax / eMail a VERO report on all items listed as "TurboSIM" by seller 'digibox21' ?

Please get back to me via my email

Thanks

A3 Australia
Gabe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you mean these ***holes? They're even selling clones too..

www.turb osim.com.au

(added a space to prevent link-love)

You could always invest in some malicious tools to exploit their unfiltered mail script.. _vti_bin/shtml.exe/feedback.htm Smile
A3Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabe wrote:
I assume you mean these ***holes? They're even selling clones too..

www.turbosim.com.au

(added a space to prevent link-love)

You could always invest in some malicious tools to exploit their unfiltered mail script.. _vti_bin/shtml.exe/feedback.htm Smile

Easy there mate.

And they is us.

We use that url for sale of genuine Bladox TurboSIM in NSW Australia

If you read the first page you will see that.

We also have guides for TurboSIM on the site. It should be obvious that they could only work with the real TurboSIM and not other such devices.

As we are completely sold-out we also sell other devices - BUT as you can see, NOT from that site. We keep them all separate. There are sites for NextSIM and HyperSIM as well.

You have to remember that the TurboSIM is a very powerful device and can do so much more than just the simple task of 'unlocking' an iPhone.

A3 Australia
Gabe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering you're accepting pre-order sales when you don't even know when Bladox are going to reopen, that's not very professional.

And using a company's trademark is infringement, plain and simple. Doesn't matter what you're selling. You're lucky your domain registrar is half-assed and didn't do a proper check when you registered it.

You say you're keeping them all separate, but how come I see adverts for the other sim card sites on your turbosim website?
A3Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabe wrote:
Considering you're accepting pre-order sales when you don't even know when Bladox are going to reopen, that's not very professional.

And using a company's trademark is infringement, plain and simple. Doesn't matter what you're selling. You're lucky your domain registrar is half-assed and didn't do a proper check when you registered it.

You say you're keeping them all separate, but how come I see adverts for the other sim card sites on your turbosim website?

Hi Gabe,

I take it you are an enduser?

Well I AM a professional. I can accept orders because I do not buy from the 'shop'. I do not need to know when it will re-open.

You do not see "adverts", because there are none. There are links, we give our customers choices. Some people will wait for a TurboSIM and some won't or can't.

Your comments about trademarks are nonsense. If a dealer sells SONY he can identify the items as SONY.

The difference is all those, mostly Chinese, dealers on eBay selling their items as TurboSIMs when they are not TurboSIMs. They also promote and sell them via forums as TurboSIMs.

We have been actively helping Pavel to stop these guys - it was one of them who said he had 'registered' the name as a Trademark in the USA and Australia.

Unfortunately, even though we helped Bladox join the eBay VERO program, and have spent untold hours reporting offending listings, eBay have been absolutely useless in removing listings and sanctioning the offending members.

It has gotten so completely out of hand that it is now impossible to report listings individually. Although I have now found a link to a page where I can report an eBay member for all his listings - eBay have failed to act on any of the reports I have made.

Here is the link -

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/contact_us/_base/result_2_5_13.html#

you then click on "Email us with your question or concern."

Here is a list of repeat offenders -
globalstars24
dream6625
hitechhk
techrevo
tektc02
digibox21

Perhaps you can try reporting their listings to eBay and give my fingers a rest.

Regards,

A3 Australia
Gabe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what they say about people who assume...

The only reason you're 'actively' removing all these ebay listings is to feather your own nest.. the less competition/clones using the turbosim name, the easier people will theoretically find your "professional" site and buy from you.

And a store that sells SONY tv's doesn't open up and call itself SONY now, does it Mr Turbosim(tm)_com_au?

And if ebay take no notice of the reports, why would I waste my time? I'll leave that to you, you seem to have plenty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: