bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhones no longer working properly on T-Mobile UK
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevearm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: iPhones no longer working properly on T-Mobile UK Reply with quote

I bought a TurboSIM about a month or so ago and everything was working fine until a few days ago when I woke up and my iPhone said ?No Sim?. I tried restarting the phone and every time it would recognise my T-Mobile (UK) sim card for about 3 or 4 minutes, then it would pop up with the No SIM card inserted message. I?ve tried many times to re-adjust the two in the sim tray but with no luck.

I ordered a new SIM card from T-Mobile (thinking it might be the problem) but the same problem exists with the new SIM. I tried putting in the sim without a turbosim to check if maybe it?s the phone that?s malfunctioning and the message ?Incorrect SIM? came up telling me that I could only use authorised SIMs with the iPhone.

So I basically think that my Turbosim is faulty. Is there anything I can do to either check this or fix it? Has anyone here encountered similar problems?

Last edited by stevearm on Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
twiederh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem, I contacted Bladox and sent it back. Waiting for a replacement now.

Best regards,
Thomas.
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wonder what that could be, my bet 90% it's not faulty tsim. Broken device is binary - it either works when you get it or not, nothing in between and it's very unlikey it would die later on. Also that it works for 3-4 minutes seems tsim is fine. I remember such issues in August when all this started and then some iphone fw upgrade helped. It will be something different but let's see once we get it back.

Btw. we test all devices before shipping.
stevearm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible for me to send it back to you guys to see if it's faulty then? Where should I return?

The problem can be 3 things:

- Sim card. I tried it with 2 different ones, same problem so can't be that.
- iPhone. It seems to recognise 'Unauthorised SIMs' fine and has worked fine for a month.

Which means it must be a problem with the turbosim.
gereon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you really want to know if your card is working you can go to the downloads section on bladox.com and grab turbo-utils or sysinfo.

only try that after you have checked whether your turbo is even recognized, you can go to simtoolkit apps menu in your phone to check. if your phone doesnt show a simtoolkit menu then borrow someone elses for "test purposes".

to reset your TSIM to blank state you gotta put in wrong pin or something, check the docs about that. youll have to re-install the apps that were on it, like a**lesaft or fake_sim.
stevearm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, I'll do that now.

So when you say 'borrow someone elses' do you mean borrow someone elses SIM card? Wouldn't that mean cutting it up to fit the tsim?

So I should reset the turbosim, then put Applesaft on it, then do run applesaft with the original sim card from the iphone menu?

Won't that just be getting it to the point it's at now? What would have changed?

And also, I assume I run all these downloaded utility programs while the tsim is in the iPhone, connected to the computer right?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm writing this from my temporary Nokia N95, on my way home.

Oh and also... my phone number in iTunes and in contacts shows as 00 0000000000 !!
silverdragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say I'm having a very similar experience here, I got sim end of november, and had been working fine for a month, just once had popped up no sim in that time, now I come to phone this morning, says no sim, and every time I reseat it it works for anywhere between 30 seconds to 6 minutes before it either suddenly drops and regains signal and/or eventually says no sim after a few times.
Johnny23x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly the same problem here. I have used the TurboSIM since September last year, without any real problems.
Since yesterday evening it only works for a few minutes, and after that the iPhone claims that there is no SIM installed.
Reseting the phone is helping sometimes, or removing and re-inserting the SIM/TurboSIM fixes it...but a few minutes later it is gone again.

Any help would be appreciated!
silverdragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I've tested phone with a regular valid PAYG sim, and thats absolutely fine.. so either TSIM is failing for some reason, or phones suddenly activated some new check, maybe.
stevearm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that's three of us now with the EXACT same problem.

Surely it can't be new security measures on the iPhone could it? Why would it let T-sim work for a few minutes if that was the case?

It surely has to be faulty Turbosims? The top of the phone gets very hot after prolonged use... is it possible that that heat damages the tsim?
Johnny23x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to narrow it down further:
I am using a T-Mobile UK sim card.

I noticed in the past when travelling in Europe that I saw a similar behaviour depending on which network I was roaming. Not as bad as now, meaning it could work for hours, but from time to time the iPhone told me that there was no SIM card or no service.

Could it be a change on the T-Mobile network causing the problem?

silverdragon, stevearm: Which networks are you on?
stevearm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, T-Mobile as well....

I suppose one way of knowing if it's the turbosim screwing up is to try it using it with another non t-mobile sim card. I don't really have one to try that though.
stevearm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More news here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4727707

It looks like T-mobile may be the problem! Sad
Johnny23x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to the macrumours forum...seems indeed to be pointing to T-Mobile having done a change on their network which is causing the problem.
And since the problem didn't start for everybody at the same time, it might indicate that they are doing software upgrades on their network.
For me the problem started yesterday evening.
No problem at all until then.
silverdragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm I'm on t-mobile too.. so if everyone so far is a t-mob user, that may well some how be the issue, intentionally or unintentionally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: