bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhones no longer working properly on T-Mobile UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevearm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so the questions is... um, do we think the problem is likely to disappear or are UK iPhones now off limit to anyone with T-Mobile??

Would a possible software unlock for OTB 1.1.2 phones work, bypassing the need for a turbosim or do we think the turbosim has nothing to do with our SIM problems.
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm this problem!

I was one of the first to trial TurboSIM back in early August when it was the first real decent iPhone hack out there (preceding the Hardware unlock, followed by the Software unlock).

I have a phone in front of me right now from a customer that exhibits the problem and its the second one this week!

Its only a problem with T-Mobile.

The SIM is seated fine, I can boot the phone up and everything will work.
The T-Mobile network will sync for a random period of time. The best I had tonight was it sat there for 40 mins with 3 signal bars. I found that making a call will start it off, but not always necessary. After 40 mins, I decided to do a test call to voicemail. It went through fine, when I hung up, I put the phone back to the main screen and watched. After a minute, it dropped to "no service" and went back to 3 signal bars. it did this a couple of times and then it finally droped to "no sim". Game over without rebooting or re-inserting SIM.

I have done hundreds of these (no exaggeration), so I know its not a contact thing. In fact I can eject the sim tray just enough to disconnect and push back in and it will work fine for a random period of time again. The real "no sim" issues (with contact problems) usually come up with the "no sim" problem straight away until you get them aligned properly!

I have actually filmed it on my camcorder because the problem is so obvious and yet un-explainable but I haven't uploaded it to the net yet.

PZ know's I know what I am doing, I have been dealing with Bladox since late July '07, so with this additional evidence guys, here's hoping someone with some technical expertise can suggest something for us to test / try.

By the way, I don't thing this is faulty TurboSIM's as the thread title suggests. They work fine with other Network SIM's in the same phone, its definitely related to T-Mobile. I just can't put my finger on why.

Regs
Dave.
stevearm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Thanks for confirming, seems pretty obvious now that the fault lies with the T-Mobile UK network. I started this topic with that header thinking my problem was due to a faulty turbosim but will try and change the thread title now.

What's the likelihood of a solution to this problem?
silverdragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be most interesting to know right now, is if iphone 1.1.1 and below still work on uk network, that have been software unlocked, or if this only affects those of us using inbetween sims.
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm locked out of my original test handset at the momnet because I installed 1.1.3 but I have another USA handset with BL3.09 that I held on to just in case Smile

I will get that out and try with customers t-mobile SIM on its own and also going through a TurboSIM and report back tomorrow.

Hopefully we might be able to get a trend.
Johnny23x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Dave that I don't think that the TurboSim is the problem here. What makes me think that?
Well, each time, before it stops working (no service, or NoSim error) I noticed that other things start to behave weird.
As example, the YouTube application suddenly can not play movies anymore which worked fine just minutes before.
In general, the phone seems to behave very slow and un-reactive at times, which is something I have never before noticed until this problem started.
Similar to what other epople reported, I also notice that the iPhone gets noticeably warmer when in use for a longer period of time.

For some reasons, the signal that the iPhone is receiving when connected to the T-Mobile network seem to be causing the problem. Some signal/data that the iPhone can not properly handle and starts to crash.
stevearm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny23x wrote:
I agree with Dave that I don't think that the TurboSim is the problem here. What makes me think that?
Well, each time, before it stops working (no service, or NoSim error) I noticed that other things start to behave weird.
As example, the YouTube application suddenly can not play movies anymore which worked fine just minutes before.
In general, the phone seems to behave very slow and un-reactive at times, which is something I have never before noticed until this problem started.
Similar to what other epople reported, I also notice that the iPhone gets noticeably warmer when in use for a longer period of time.

For some reasons, the signal that the iPhone is receiving when connected to the T-Mobile network seem to be causing the problem. Some signal/data that the iPhone can not properly handle and starts to crash.

I thought we all agreed the problem was with the T-mobile sim cards and not the turbosim?

I've not noticed any odd behaviour with my iPhone though, it's not slower or unresponsive. Just the issue of a loss of signal for me.

And I read many people's phones in the US get warm after prolonged use so I'd say that that was just a design problem with the device?

Who knows really. Look forward to hearing your findings healeydave
stevearm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I've put my T-mobile sim into my Nokia N95 for the time being...

It says connection error once every few calls, and texts take an age to get through and send. And this is the second SIM that's been doing this.

When my iphone started screwing up I called up T-Mobile to request a new sim, thinking that was the problem. The fact that both sims aren't working very well on my N95 is interesting.

Bigger problems for T-mobile?
Johnny23x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevearm wrote:

I thought we all agreed the problem was with the T-mobile sim cards and not the turbosim?

I've not noticed any odd behaviour with my iPhone though, it's not slower or unresponsive. Just the issue of a loss of signal for me.

And I read many people's phones in the US get warm after prolonged use so I'd say that that was just a design problem with the device?

Who knows really. Look forward to hearing your findings healeydave

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear. Of course we all agree that it is caused by T-Mobile. What I meant was that I don't think that it is the turbosim which is affected by whatever has changed on the T-Mobile network, but actually the phone itself.

Regarding the temperature issue: Again, yes, I agree that the phone gets warmer when in use, meaning either you use some of the application, have a phone call, etc...in my case, I noticed raised temperature even with the phone just sitting there, and looking at it loosing service all the time, before it then goes innto NoSim mode.
Again, this could be caused by the phone trying to handle the "un-normal" signal from T-Mobile.

Anyway, just trying to communicate my experiences, in the hope that it might help to get to the bottom of the issue.
stevearm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite possible that the heat could be caused by the circuitry having trouble with the T-Mobile signal, but my phone's been getting hot since the beginning, when I had no problems using T-Mobile.
silverdragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the heat can be discounted as problem, that just meanst the processor/wireless chips been working hard for a little while, and the case is acting as a heatsink due to being aluminium, I've always noticed it gets pretty warm after about 10-15 minutes of browsing over GPRS when it was working just fine.
Johnny23x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to mention that it is working fine again on my iPhone. Connection is stable since last night. As mysteriously as it started, it has gone again.
silverdragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doing it here.. but if its definately stopped for you, then it does suggest it might be something being changed on network, and hopefully willl propagate to here soon too.
stevearm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it still working fine Johnny? I've just tried it myself and it's the same problem Sad although it seemed stable for a little longer this time around.

Great news if your one is working again though! I take it you didn't do anything special to it last night.
Johnny23x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still working fine for me. No single issue so far the whole day.

And yes, I didn't change anything. I restored the phone yesterday during the day, but still had the problem after I did it. It just started working again. It really points to a change on the network as silverdragon mentions, so hopefully it will start working for you guys out there also again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: