bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhones no longer working properly on T-Mobile UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on comments esp. by freefall this should be fixable, maybe only on kernel level, maybe in applesaft (of course applesaft would be better, kernel needs programmer to reflash). Seems T-Mobile is using some rarely used (actually we never heard anybody else using it) function related to download type of sms and it seems we don't handle this properly in kernel. Not sure, haven't seen it, just speculation, so far the reports are mixed and maybe it's something completely different.
silverdragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, but I'm still ok two days later now.. so fingers crossed.
akif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

I have had the same problem. I find that the phone may works on T-mobile perfectly ok for a couple of days. The problem really started on Saturday night 20/01/08. I got a new sim card on Sunday, it was ok for a couple of hours and then signal went again. But however from Monday until Tonight (tuesday) evening the problem started again. By the way I have never used edge on my phone. I depend on wifi. Crying or Very sad

Any furtrer feedback would greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Akif
SuperMario

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can confirm the problem! All our T-Mobile-DE-Customers report the same problem. Crying or Very sad
pz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMario wrote:
We can confirm the problem! All our T-Mobile-DE-Customers report the same problem. Crying or Very sad

In case the problem is really related to what is described above (some datadownload SMS) then we are working on fix. On the other hand there are T-mob customers having no issues so it's a question what/where the reason really is.
SuperMario

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that T-Mobile see who connects his mobilphone with and wihout iPhone-Contract. So the T-Mobilesystem decline after 3-4 minute the connection.
gereon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISA.trb and a**lesaft.trb working 100% perfect here in:
GERMANY (sorry didn´t see UK in topic till after posting) .

1.1.2 OOTB US iphone.
turbosim with ISA or applesaft.
2007 German T-Mobile Prepaid SIM, n3.
pz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody having these issues try http://www.bladox.com/pub/applesaft-0.92-tmob.tar.gz ?

It's a dirty hack suppressing SIM PP_DOWNLOAD SMS service in EF_SST file. It's based on hypothesis that T-Mob is sending such messages to SIM card and there is some app installed answering special rarely used way, which we probably badly handle in kernel. So this applesaft level hack says phone (iphone) - hey, I'm SIM card which doesn't know such messages and phone/iphone sholdn't pass them to SIM at all. Tested on some phones (not iphone) and it works, such messages are stored in normal SIM memory and visible to user (garbage).

So it's open:
- if the TM issue is really this
- how does iphone handle such SMS

Please test.

There would be some drawbacks of this applesaft hack:
- some SIM/Turbo apps may not work - those using such SMS_PP_DOWNLOAD and those services we don't allow in EF_SST and are not allowed on SIM (probably e.g. CALL_CONTROL need for callback app).
- user will probably see such SMS as garbage - may be interesting to see when TM is sending it

But both are minor if it makes iphone stable.

Please report.
smersh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this fix only work for T-Mobile? I believe my girlfriend is having the same problem here in India with BPL. Every 30 minutes, it loses signal for about 1 minute.

Do you think this will work for India BPL?
pz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smersh wrote:
Will this fix only work for T-Mobile? I believe my girlfriend is having the same problem here in India with BPL. Every 30 minutes, it loses signal for about 1 minute.

Do you think this will work for India BPL?

Difficult to answer, definitely it doesn't have to be TM specific but such issues were reported to be also iphone fw or what. Please try this version, does no harm.
smersh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
Can anybody having these issues try http://www.bladox.com/pub/applesaft-0.92-tmob.tar.gz ?

Can someone let me know what to do with these files? Do I have to reprogram the TurboSIM, or just SSH these files to some place on the iPhone?

It's just that these files don't seem the original files I had.

thanks for the help.
freefall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pz wrote:
Can anybody having these issues try
Please report.

I just got one positive feedback. Seems to fix the problem.

Cya,

freefall.
4ndr01d

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has iPhone been officially released in the UK yet? If that is the case, I am getting the distinct impression that UK and now Australian Mobile carriers are altering their networks to shut down the xSIM users, as a lead up to launching iPhone officially for their own networks. Forcing some to buy a brand new iPhone.
freefall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. And Elvis is definitly dead... Wink

Cya,

freefall.
4ndr01d

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, although I wouldn't consider it a conspiracy theory. It just seems like dodgey business practices. It might border on bad ethics, but its arguable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: