bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turbosim question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doobie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Turbosim question Reply with quote

hi all,

firstly i do apologise in advance if this has been answered.

I recently bought an iphone in Bangkok and really do not know much about the iphone at all (there should an iphone for dummies user guide for ppl like me).

For the last week or two the phone has been perfectly fine until friday afternoon when an error came up saying No Sim Card Installed. All i know is that i have iworld installed and my sim card (3G Vodafone Australia) has got another sim unlock thingy which is not bladox. I have a few questions.

1. How do i know if my iphone has been jailbroken? i have iworld installed and have access to tweaks 1.1.2 thru installer, my assumption here is yes, am i correct?

2. It seems like my existing sim unlock thingy may seem to be causing the problem i have, no sim card installed i assume the bad quality sim unlock thingy (based on reading aroundthe net) maybe causing the problem. I am led to believe that the bladox Turbsosim seems to have a good reputation out there...

a. if i was to purchase this product, will this overcome my No Sim Card Installed error/No SIM?

b. is there anything that i would have to do other than to cut the sim card and not worry about double sided sticky tape n stuff and not having to downgrade, then upgrade etc.. to support the turbosim...i am not tech savvy at all.

b. will the bladox turbosim support 128k SIMS that vodafone australia now issue, and which bladox product do i procure?

c. can i continue using iworld? and using other country sim cards i.e thailand (DTAC), Vodafone UK etc (i tend to do extensive travel for work).

These are the following attributes for my phone
Version 1.1.2 (3B48b)
Serial number 4th and 5th digit 47
Modem Firmware 04.02.13_G

if anyone could help me out i would be most appreciative...

i am left with non working iphone now Sad
4ndr01d

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Doobie, although I have no answer for you regarding this thread, I can add for you that I experienced the exact same problem, only my SIM failed on monday afternoon, and it was on the vodafone network too.

Today I purchased two brand new Vodafone SIM cards, one prepaid and one replacement for my contract Vodafone account. I cut them both to size, and both failed to register on my iPhone, even after downgrade.

Hotswitching back to an older (<12Months) Telstra Prepaid Plus SIM brings the phone back to life. I am certain VF have made some changes to the network which makes our xSIM fail with a VF SIM.

So I too would be very interested to hear if the current TurboSIM range can support our SIM cards. Has anyone from Australia recently obtained an Vodafone SIM and successfully applied it to an iPhone with TurboSIM?
doobie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have already tried that too... i bought a prepaid sim and no luck from what i have heard and hopefully someone can tell me otherwise all new sims in oz are are 128k and at&t are 64k...

and this is what could be causing the issue... however my mate bought the phone at the same time and no issues till today...

i am still looking for a permanent solution if possible...
A3Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Vodafone 128K SIMs Reply with quote

doobie wrote:
i have already tried that too... i bought a prepaid sim and no luck from what i have heard and hopefully someone can tell me otherwise all new sims in oz are are 128k and at&t are 64k...

and this is what could be causing the issue... however my mate bought the phone at the same time and no issues till today...

i am still looking for a permanent solution if possible...

OK Guys.

I am using 2 Vodafone SIMs here in Australia with iPhones - However, I am unsure if they are the 'new' 128K SIMs or not.

I will check with Vodafone today - If they are not 128K SIMs I will purchase a 128K SIM for testing.

I will test over the weekend, with both a Bladox TurboSIM and a counterfeit Chinese SIM solution, and let you know the results.

If any of you know how to tell the different SIMs apart just by looking at them, please post the info.

A3 Australia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: