bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TP2 and TL2 failure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
todro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: TP2 and TL2 failure Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to setup the TP2 and TL2 for devlopment and debugging.

Meanwhile, I came across the following problems:

a.) hanging dbg

Seems to be the mingw bug. Any solution for this ?

b.) when trying to read different sim cards in TP2, several fail and the TP2 hangs after SIM_ATR retrieval.

Any solution to this ? It's not possible to use sim reader on TP2 with TL2 inserted as I had to resolder the flexible cable and it doesn't fit in the TP2 reader any longer.

c.) trying to access the ATR on the TL2 connected to 50 pin connector of TP2 fails:

d:>cemu --info -a turboadapter.trb
SIM mode initialized, turboadapter.trb
SIM_ATR: 36

ERROR: Not Enough PROGMEM

TP2 and TL2 have been initialized and *.trb from /modules has been installed, additionally debug kernel for TL2.

Any ideas ? This is really driving me nuts...

Greetings,

todro
pz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: TP2 and TL2 failure Reply with quote

todro wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to setup the TP2 and TL2 for devlopment and debugging.

Meanwhile, I came across the following problems:

a.) hanging dbg

Seems to be the mingw bug. Any solution for this ?

You mean ENTER doesn't stop it? Yes, there is something wrong in windows port. Use CTRL+C and unplug/plug prog.

Quote:

b.) when trying to read different sim cards in TP2, several fail and the TP2 hangs after SIM_ATR retrieval.

Any solution to this ? It's not possible to use sim reader on TP2 with TL2 inserted as I had to resolder the flexible cable and it doesn't fit in the TP2 reader any longer.

The SIM connector on programmer is quite bad quality. Just remove SIM lock door and use cloth peg to keep SIM/TL2 in place. We use it too.

As for reading SIM cards - 99% just wrong contact, we are not aware of any known issue. Should work.

Quote:

c.) trying to access the ATR on the TL2 connected to 50 pin connector of TP2 fails:

d:>cemu --info -a turboadapter.trb
SIM mode initialized, turboadapter.trb
SIM_ATR: 36

ERROR: Not Enough PROGMEM

TP2 and TL2 have been initialized and *.trb from /modules has been installed, additionally debug kernel for TL2.

Any ideas ? This is really driving me nuts...

Greetings,

todro

Cemu can be used only with prog SIM connector, not the long one.
todro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: TP2 and TL2 failure Reply with quote

pz wrote:

You mean ENTER doesn't stop it? Yes, there is something wrong in windows port. Use CTRL+C and unplug/plug prog.

Yes, exactly. You mean, dbg works and only stopping the application doesn't work ? I never got any character from TL2 to be displayed..

Quote:

The SIM connector on programmer is quite bad quality. Just remove SIM lock door and use cloth peg to keep SIM/TL2 in place. We use it too.

As for reading SIM cards - 99% just wrong contact, we are not aware of any known issue. Should work.

I'm already using the "manual way", nevertheless, I'll try once again.

Quote:

I think you should really rework your documentation in this context...

Nevertheless, I can program the TL2 via TP2 sim lock but once I try to access the TL with

cemu -r --info

it fails even getting the ATR from TL2 via TP2 sim . So for whatever reason, using btldr seems t be working (old or new protocol), but once I try to upload or read TL2, it fails. Any ideas ?

There is one issue which may be worth mentioning: at the very beginning, I used the TL2 in the edge connector and uploaded the kernel via btldr -l -t kernel.bin as indicated in the email. There was no error but the the sim in TL2 was no longer recognized from ME, therefore something has been programmed...and even programming seems to be still working, but not accessing the

To get that straight: if the edge connector can not be used for programming, it is only used for forwarding the debug messages ?

Greetings,

todro
todro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TP2 and TL2 failure Reply with quote

pz wrote:

No way, even pressing my thumb all the time on the sim card...

Reading ATR from cards in prog sim works (directly without TL2) but trying to dump fails:

I:\____Bladox\Utils\turbo-prog-utils-3.1.6\bin-win32>sim_dump.exe -r
SIM mode initialized, sim.trb
SIM_ATR: 3B FF 95 00 00 C0 0A 1F 47 80 31 E0 73 36 21 13

I:\____Bladox\Utils\turbo-prog-utils-3.1.6\bin-win32>sim_dump.exe

FILE: MF 3F00
SELECT 3F00

The card I'm trying is from YESSS, an Austrian provider, it's a data-only card, maybe that's the problem because of a different MF|DF|EF structure ? Some other cards work, this leads me to a software issue...but still the TL2 problem remains...

Greetings,

todro
pz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: TP2 and TL2 failure Reply with quote

todro wrote:
pz wrote:

Yes, exactly. You mean, dbg works and only stopping the application doesn't work ? I never got any character from TL2 to be displayed..

You need to have dbsp(), dbc() etc. in your code and #DEBUG uncommented so these macros are compiled in. Then you get your messages from application. You can also upload L1 debug kernel to see all ME-Turbo-SIM communication.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm already using the "manual way", nevertheless, I'll try once again.

Quote:

I think you should really rework your documentation in this context...

Nevertheless, I can program the TL2 via TP2 sim lock but once I try to access the TL with

cemu -r --info

it fails even getting the ATR from TL2 via TP2 sim . So for whatever reason, using btldr seems t be working (old or new protocol), but once I try to upload or read TL2, it fails. Any ideas ?

What kernel.bin was it? Shouldn't happen.

Quote:

There is one issue which may be worth mentioning: at the very beginning, I used the TL2 in the edge connector and uploaded the kernel via btldr -l -t kernel.bin as indicated in the email. There was no error but the the sim in TL2 was no longer recognized from ME, therefore something has been programmed...and even programming seems to be still working, but not accessing the

To get that straight: if the edge connector can not be used for programming, it is only used for forwarding the debug messages ?

Yes, for btldr and dbg. Uploading apps would be also possible but would waste memory and sim connector can be used for this.
pz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: TP2 and TL2 failure Reply with quote

todro wrote:
pz wrote:

Reading ATR from cards in prog sim works (directly without TL2) but trying to dump fails:

SELECT 3F00

The card I'm trying is from YESSS, an Austrian provider, it's a data-only card, maybe that's the problem because of a different MF|DF|EF structure ? Some other cards work, this leads me to a software issue...but still the TL2 problem remains...

Greetings,

todro

Yes, different file structure may be problem though it should return some error code. Can you try this cart in TL2 and sim_dump this combo? Maybe some timing issue, sending APDU to soon after ATR. Maybe you may try http://www.bladox.com/pub/turbo-prog-utils-3.1.9.tar.gz - some modifications there
(compiled utilities in bin-win32 are not up to date, use linux ones or recompile).
todro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: TP2 and TL2 failure Reply with quote

pz wrote:
todro wrote:
pz wrote:

SELECT 3F00

Greetings,

todro

Yes, different file structure may be problem though it should return some error code. Can you try this cart in TL2 and sim_dump this combo? Maybe some timing issue, sending APDU to soon after ATR. Maybe you may try http://www.bladox.com/pub/turbo-prog-utils-3.1.9.tar.gz - some modifications there
(compiled utilities in bin-win32 are not up to date, use linux ones or recompile).

Hello again,

after some months of no time, I started checking once again what's wrong.

With new sim.trb, no change for data-only card, TP2 still stops at 3F00

I uploaded sim.trb (3.19) and turboadapter.trb (3.17) to TP2, after that, i programmed the TL2.

When I use this:

J:\TP2\Utils\turbo-prog-utils-3.1.6\bin-win32>btldr.exe -s -d com3 -v kernel.bin
Initializing device
Device initialized
Entering Application Mode
Application Mode entered
Turbo Adapter/BRUM bootloader mode initialized, turboadapter.trb
BOOTLOADER is erasing FLASH and EEPROM, wait for approx. 50s
BOOTLOADER is updating FLASH
>Copying FLASH image to programmer SRAM
<Copying FLASH image to programmer SRAM finished
>Writing to FLASH memory...

It takes ages and as I have to press the flex-adapter to the lock I stop this process after a few minutes.

When I use the old protocol, everything seems to be fine:

J:\TP2\Utils\turbo-prog-utils-3.1.6\bin-win32>btldr.exe -s -d com3 -v -l kernel.bin
Initializing device
Device initialized
Application Mode entered
Page 479/(0- 479)
Application Mode left

None of those programmings seem to work, even the erase time of 50s takes approx. 1s.

If I try to put the TL2 flex-adapter in TP2 sim lock and use sim_dump, this is the result (exactly the same as if a leave the sim lock open without card...):

J:\TP2\Utils\turbo-prog-utils-3.1.6\bin-win32>sim_dump.exe
SIM_ATR: FF

SELECT 3F00

If I insert the flex-adapter from TL2 in mobile phone, the device asks for sim card (which is inserted in TL2).

From my point of view there are only 2 possibilities:

1.) cable is wrong as I had to resolder/extend and change orientation

If so, why is the programming successfull, at least for old protocol ? Furthermore, I checked every trace and they are connected 1:1 between TL2 and the flex-adapter, therefore only orientation (left-right) could be wrong, but why do I get no error from TP2 ?

2.) there is a problem with the TL2 bootlader

Remember, at the very beginning, the TL2 worked with the turbo app when used in a mobile phone. This stopped when I first reprogrammed the TL2 with the L1 kernel according to the instructions in the email. BUT it was done via long connector and not via SIM as the -s was not included in the instructions (indicating it has to be programmed via TP2 SIM lock)

Questions:

- can you provide a pinout of a.) the flex-adapter but also the pins from the flex cable at TL2 ?

- is there another way I can check that TL2 is working ?

- is it possible to re-program the TL2 via AVR-JTAG ? I have a STK500 and JTAG ICE available

So far no time to get toolchain running in linux environment, will try this. Any hints ?

Greetings,

todro
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: TP2 and TL2 failure Reply with quote

todro wrote:
pz wrote:
todro wrote:
pz wrote:

SELECT 3F00

Greetings,

todro

Hello again,

after some months of no time, I started checking once again what's wrong.

With new sim.trb, no change for data-only card, TP2 still stops at 3F00

I uploaded sim.trb (3.19) and turboadapter.trb (3.17) to TP2, after that, i programmed the TL2.

When I use this:

J:\TP2\Utils\turbo-prog-utils-3.1.6\bin-win32>btldr.exe -s -d com3 -v kernel.bin
Initializing device
Device initialized
Application Mode entered
>Copying FLASH image to programmer SRAM
<Copying FLASH image to programmer SRAM finished
>Writing to FLASH memory...

It takes ages and as I have to press the flex-adapter to the lock I stop this process after a few minutes.

When I use the old protocol, everything seems to be fine:

J:\TP2\Utils\turbo-prog-utils-3.1.6\bin-win32>btldr.exe -s -d com3 -v -l kernel.bin
Initializing device
Device initialized
Application Mode entered
Page 479/(0- 479)
Application Mode left

There seems to be something wrong with "fast mode" (no -l) with windows utils, in linux it works fine. It's not hwd/prog related, it's just bad code of win port.

Quote:

None of those programmings seem to work, even the erase time of 50s takes approx. 1s.

Very strange.

Quote:

If I try to put the TL2 flex-adapter in TP2 sim lock and use sim_dump, this is the result (exactly the same as if a leave the sim lock open without card...):

J:\TP2\Utils\turbo-prog-utils-3.1.6\bin-win32>sim_dump.exe
SIM_ATR: FF

SELECT 3F00

If I insert the flex-adapter from TL2 in mobile phone, the device asks for sim card (which is inserted in TL2).

From my point of view there are only 2 possibilities:

1.) cable is wrong as I had to resolder/extend and change orientation

Quite likely, re-soldering it is quite difficult. Have you changed the orientation also on "main" pcb or just sim shaped pcb?

Maybe you could try normal wires? Just to see if the TL2 itself is good. We can send you flex cable if needed.

Quote:

If so, why is the programming successfull, at least for old protocol ? Furthermore, I checked every trace and they are connected 1:1 between TL2 and the flex-adapter, therefore only orientation (left-right) could be wrong, but why do I get no error from TP2 ?

2.) there is a problem with the TL2 bootlader

Remember, at the very beginning, the TL2 worked with the turbo app when used in a mobile phone. This stopped when I first reprogrammed the TL2 with the L1 kernel according to the instructions in the email. BUT it was done via long connector and not via SIM as the -s was not included in the instructions (indicating it has to be programmed via TP2 SIM lock)

And flashing it via the cardedge connector still works or not?

Quote:

Questions:

- can you provide a pinout of a.) the flex-adapter but also the pins from the flex cable at TL2 ?

What would be that good for? It simply goes to 2 UARTS, clocks, vcc, gnd and pin to do reset.

Quote:

- is there another way I can check that TL2 is working ?

- is it possible to re-program the TL2 via AVR-JTAG ? I have a STK500 and JTAG ICE available

Unfortunately not. You would have to implement the btldr protocol yourself, see btldr/turboadapter source

Quote:

So far no time to get toolchain running in linux environment, will try this. Any hints ?

Please try it, in 3.1.9 progutils the win port is not updated, only linux one.

Quote:

Greetings,

todro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: