bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debugging

View previous topic :: View next topic  
normic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Debugging Reply with quote

Hi there,
I've read nearly the whole forum posts on debugging with TP and TL2 but I don't get it working.

That's what I tried:
- flashed the TL2 with Debug-Kernel L1 (it's there I saw it in the Info-Menu v1.2.7)
- connected programmer with USB on PC
- connected the TL2 via the 50pin connector
- SIM in TL2 (tried 2 differnt one's)
- TL2 in ME (tried Nokia 3110 and Razr V3i)
- started debugger with "dbg -v -t" (Programmer LED dbg went on)

BUT I never got any output from dbg and obviously there are no other apps in TP2, cause I only got the setupmenu.

Can someone please gimme a hint what I'm doing wrong...

Thanks in advance,
normic
pz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Debugging Reply with quote

normic wrote:
Hi there,
I've read nearly the whole forum posts on debugging with TP and TL2 but I don't get it working.

That's what I tried:
- flashed the TL2 with Debug-Kernel L1 (it's there I saw it in the Info-Menu v1.2.7)
- connected programmer with USB on PC
- connected the TL2 via the 50pin connector
- SIM in TL2 (tried 2 differnt one's)
- TL2 in ME (tried Nokia 3110 and Razr V3i)
- started debugger with "dbg -v -t" (Programmer LED dbg went on)

BUT I never got any output from dbg and obviously there are no other apps in TP2, cause I only got the setupmenu.

Can someone please gimme a hint what I'm doing wrong...

Thanks in advance,
normic

It seems you are doing everything right, just to be sure there is "Turbo Debug-L1" in the Setup->About menu?
Can you try some application, e.g. helloworld with some debug messages compiled in? If you would see this.

Do you get the verbose messages from dbg? As you set -v and obviously you are communicating with prog ok. Can you try -v -v?
normic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Debugging Reply with quote

Quote:

It seems you are doing everything right, just to be sure there is "Turbo Debug-L1" in the Setup->About menu?

Yes it is:
Turbo Debug-L1
Version: 1.2.7
Quote:

Can you try some application, e.g. helloworld with some debug messages compiled in? If you would see this.

Do you get the verbose messages from dbg? As you set -v and obviously you are communicating with prog ok. Can you try -v -v?

I got the "normal" debug messages already working, but I wanted to see the whole communication, but since I have the L1-Debug-Kernel I got nothing.

When I try -v -v I get:
Initializing device
Device initialized
Entering Application Mode
P: 80
G: 00
Application Mode entered
P: 82
G: 03
and so on.

So far it looks good, but after a long tail of G:xx I get:
Turbo Adapter debug mode initialized, turboadapter.trb
Press ENTER to quit

and nothing more happens.
pz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very strange, esp. that if normal debug works. I have no explanation, either some user error or something is wrong with the device. We are ready to test/fix this ourselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: