bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iphone 3G when will turbo sim work ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bairro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Iphone 3G when will turbo sim work ? Reply with quote

Any one as some developments on this quesiton?

tHx
pz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try http://www.bladox.com/pub/zerog-0.95.tar.gz
sebu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this work? Manual? I know the normal turbosim programming but this cany ou tell me more
sebu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is zerog used instead of applesaft?
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Zero-G is new code for iPhone 3G but still in test.

We have reports that some carriers don't come out of "No Service".

We could have done one of two things:

1. Release the early code and let people test and report back.
|_ Advantage = have something quick
|_ Disadvantage = reliability not 100%

2. Hold off and do all the testing ourselves.
|_ Advantage = more reliable in the end
|_ Disadvantage = longer wait for code with limited carrier/country tests

Only time will tell if we chose the right option Smile
A3Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Australian 3G iPhone Test Reply with quote

I will have a 16GB Australian market 3G iPhone on Monday (Australian Time)

Australian iPhones are carrier locked, but Apple will unlock for free if customer is on a contract. If no contract (what we call pre-paid) then cost depends on carrier. Current costs are Vodafone A$75, OPTUS A$80 (but they give you A$80 call credit back), and TEL$TRA A$150.

Still would be worth testing this SIM unlock for TELSTRA customers and those with 3G iPhones from other markets - USA etc.

A3 Australia
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds really cheap!?

When I bought my phone, I was told by the salesman to take the phone off contract would cost a fortune (as we would expect) because they are getting no subsidy from the line rental. I haven't read anything official though, so it may be wrong.

With phones only costing ?99 on contract though, I can't imagine buying them off-contract is going to be cheap otherwise whats the incentive to go with the official carrier?
healeydave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here are some results so far:

The UK official Carrier for iPhone is O2, so we know they all work, even if they are PAYG and not Contract SIMs.

VodaFone - Worked
Tesco - Worked
Virgin - Worked
T-Mobile - Stuck at No Service
Orange - Stuck at No Service

VodaFone: When booting up a Vodafone SIM, the carrier sync's sometimes before the refresh popup. The popup resets the SIM and service comes back.

Virgin: When booting up a Virgin SIM, it took a while but went through the same motions as VodaFone. Ironically Virgin piggy-backs the T-Mobile network in the UK but the Virgin SIM worked where as the T-Mobile SIM didnt get any service!?!? The carrier stays as T-Mobile with the Virgin SIM in.

Orange: When booting up an Orange SIM, a voicemail alert came through almost straight away whilst the status was still No Service. After the popup reset, it cleared the voicemail flag but stayed at No Service.

T-Mobile: When booting up a T-Mobile SIM, it goes to No Service, the reset after the popup just takes it back to No Service which is where it stays.
A3Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: iPhones in Australia Reply with quote

healeydave wrote:
That sounds really cheap!?

When I bought my phone, I was told by the salesman to take the phone off contract would cost a fortune (as we would expect) because they are getting no subsidy from the line rental. I haven't read anything official though, so it may be wrong.

With phones only costing ?99 on contract though, I can't imagine buying them off-contract is going to be cheap otherwise whats the incentive to go with the official carrier?

Off Contract (we call it Pre-Pay) OPTUS charge A$729 for 8GB 3G iPhone, and A$849 for the 16GB (this is from memory - the other carriers charge the same, if not a bit more in TELSTRA's case)

To SIM unlock a pre-pay iPhone - Telstra $150, Voda $75 (I think?), OPTUS $80 - but only OPTUS gives your $80 back as call credits.

To SIM unlock a contract iPhone (which is free to get on $79 a month contract - and a few $ a month on lesser contracts) is free for OPTUS and Vodafone, I am not sure if TELSTRA will unlock in this case or if they will but still charge the $150.

Of course, you still have to pay every month for whatever your contract was. Plus if you bought a less than $79 a month contract, you still have to make the handset payments as well.

As Three (3) have the best data plans, and some great cap calls plans - but don't sell the iPhone - many Australians are buying pre-pay iPhones (or even going on low cost plans) and then unlocking and sticking their 3 SIMs in the iPhone.

Cheers!
iwamas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone help me out....

i have a brand new bladdox turbo sim... and a network locked swisscom 3g phone...

i ssh into the iphone 3g and in the bin folder i transfer all the files from the turbo-cable-utils-iPhone-0.7.0-rev1 (iphone-bin) folder... i give all the files 755 permission..

then i put the applesaft.trg and zerog095.trg into the private/var/root folder on the iphone 3g...

now when i try to run turbo-info from terminal... all i get is "killed"

what am i doing wrong?
Solid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Swisscom Prepaid Reply with quote

Hello, I'm from Germany and also interested in using an Iphone 3G from Swisscom (talking about the Pre-Paid version for about 350?), which is obviously netlocked. Will Bladox's Turbosim work for me with Zerog or will I have to wait for another program to support a Swiss carrier in Germany?
whiteevo6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Australian 3G iPhone Test Reply with quote

A3Australia wrote:
I will have a 16GB Australian market 3G iPhone on Monday (Australian Time)

Australian iPhones are carrier locked, but Apple will unlock for free if customer is on a contract. If no contract (what we call pre-paid) then cost depends on carrier. Current costs are Vodafone A$75, OPTUS A$80 (but they give you A$80 call credit back), and TEL$TRA A$150.

Still would be worth testing this SIM unlock for TELSTRA customers and those with 3G iPhones from other markets - USA etc.

A3 Australia

Hi

Just wondering if you have tested this at all? I am also in Australia and have a Turbo sim. I am just about to give it a go but was hoping to see what your experience was.
jigsaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Smile

Does anyone knows if it works with 3 mobile in UK?

Thanks
nvcheeko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a turbo Sim and iv tryed it dont know if im doing it right
but the sim seems to work but no service and im with telstra
anyone have any ideas any other sim without the turbo attachment it say invalid simm so it has to work help please guys
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: works with prepaid phones? Reply with quote

Would be interested to know if this will work with any of the prepaid phones in the U.S - like Virgin Mobile or Tracfone.

VoIP Girl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: