bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken TSIM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbladox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Broken TSIM Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been playing around with a TurboSIM, and had successfully downloaded several of the example apps. I then tried to create my own (simple) program, and seemed to break the TurboSIM. Whenever I insert into my phone, the phone no longer detects the SIM card and says "Invalid SIM Card" or "Insert SIM". I have tried to reset the TSim using the cemu --reset command without success.

I also tried to reset with the TPIN, but when I insert the TSIM, it is not detected, thus does not even get to the "unlock code" screen to let me input the TPIN. The SIM card works fine without the TSIM, though.

Also, I have the Turbo Programmer, and I am able to still upload apps (it says OK. No Error), but sim_dump now returns several "Read ERROR 9804" errors instead of valid data.

Please help.

Thanks,
J
jbladox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out that the Read ERROR 9804 is because I still had the SIM pin-locked. I unlocked it and then I tried with another TurboSIM that I have, and that works fine. However, my first (broken) one doesn't respond to the Programmer at all. It hangs at "Entering Application Mode" when running any cemu command to interface with Sim + TSIM.

Thoughts?
Thank you in advance,
J
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbladox wrote:
I found out that the Read ERROR 9804 is because I still had the SIM pin-locked. I unlocked it and then I tried with another TurboSIM that I have, and that works fine. However, my first (broken) one doesn't respond to the Programmer at all. It hangs at "Entering Application Mode" when running any cemu command to interface with Sim + TSIM.

Thoughts?
Thank you in advance,
J

If you have broken piece you may send it to us, we will take a look.
jbladox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Any suggestions on what more I can try before sending it back?

Thanks,
J
pz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbladox wrote:
OK. Any suggestions on what more I can try before sending it back?

Thanks,
J

Reflashing kernel with btldr.
jbladox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't a problem with my Programmer, but rather with my TSIM (I thought btldr was only used to reflash programmer or turbo lite). Can you reflash the kernel on a TSIM? If so, how? And where do I get the kernel.bin file from?

J
jbladox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I have now bricked both my Turbo SIMs. I must be doing something wrong. The phone no longer recognizes that they are there (says: "No SIM card"), and the Turbo Programmer doesn't recognize that they are there either (cemu --info using cemu from turbo-prog-utils-3.1.9 shows: NO SIM) :: basically the TurboSIM no longer responds with the SIM_ATR.

I tried to reflash the Turbo SIMS, but since the Turbo Programmer doesn't even recognize that they are there, the 'btldr -s kernel-TSIM-1.2.7.bin' command doesn't work.

Please help!
Thanks in advance,
J
pz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbladox wrote:
OK. I have now bricked both my Turbo SIMs. I must be doing something wrong. The phone no longer recognizes that they are there (says: "No SIM card"), and the Turbo Programmer doesn't recognize that they are there either (cemu --info using cemu from turbo-prog-utils-3.1.9 shows: NO SIM) :: basically the TurboSIM no longer responds with the SIM_ATR.

I tried to reflash the Turbo SIMS, but since the Turbo Programmer doesn't even recognize that they are there, the 'btldr -s kernel-TSIM-1.2.7.bin' command doesn't work.

Please help!
Thanks in advance,
J

It should, btldr works even if the kernel itself is damaged. Bad contact?
jbladox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I just wasn't being patient enough with btldr. I will try again and let you know.
jbladox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pz,

I tried re-flashing the TSIM, and the reflashing seems to work (LEDs flash, and the Pages progress indicator increments) but once that is finished and I try to cemu --info on the TSIM, it still returns nothing (SIM_ATR never returns).

Do I have to upload some apps or something to the TSIM to get it to work (like when I reflash the Turbo Programmer)?

Thanks,
J
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbladox wrote:
Hi pz,

I tried re-flashing the TSIM, and the reflashing seems to work (LEDs flash, and the Pages progress indicator increments) but once that is finished and I try to cemu --info on the TSIM, it still returns nothing (SIM_ATR never returns).

Do I have to upload some apps or something to the TSIM to get it to work (like when I reflash the Turbo Programmer)?

Thanks,
J

If btldr worked and it still doesn't work then either bad contact or broken device. Can you try btldr with -t, it doesn verify of written content.
jbladox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. Is there any message indicating that the memory has been verified and that it is correct? I re-flashed one of my working TSIMs and got the following:

~/bladox/kernels$ btldr -v -t -s kernel-TSIM-1.2.14.bin
Initializing device
Device initialized
Entering Application Mode
Application Mode entered
Turbo Adapter/BRUM bootloader mode initialized, turboadapter.trb
BOOTLOADER is erasing FLASH and EEPROM, wait for approx. 50s
BOOTLOADER is updating FLASH
>Copying FLASH image to programmer SRAM
<Copying FLASH image to programmer SRAM finished
>Writing to FLASH memory...
<Writing to FLASH finished
Application Mode left

This worked fine so I'm pretty sure it is not a bad contact issue. Regardless, there is no message indication that it has done anything to verify the contents written to memory.

When I try the same command with a broken TSIM, it hangs at:

~/bladox/kernels$ btldr -l -v -t -s kernel-TSIM-1.2.14.bin
Initializing device
Device initialized
Entering Application Mode
Application Mode entered
Turbo Adapter/BRUM bootloader mode initialized, turboadapter.trb
BOOTLOADER is erasing FLASH and EEPROM, wait for approx. 50s

Even on the working TSIM, this line takes more than 50s to complete, so I leave it on for a long time, but still nothing. Do you think it is a broken device then?

Thank you for all your patience and help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: