bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turbo-info not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DecoDe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Turbo-info not working Reply with quote

Hi,

When I try turbo info I get Ok. No error but I don't get serial number or anything like the logs I see on the internet for other people. My sim card isn't locked with PIN. I am using 2.0 iPhone 2g. What am I doing wrong? The contact is good because with the t-sim and Sim card I get signal and make calls but app doesn't show on SIM Applications. Only the Setup-> About, TurboSMS and Language which came with.

Help?
caique2001

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a programming mistakes prevents the phone from having SIM access, you cannot programme it via turbo-utils anymore Sad

With a 3G you get "communication error", with an unlocked 2G you get "OK", but no serial number. turbo-remove-apps, turbo-reset also give "ok" but effectively do _nothing_ Sad

Looks like we've messed up our turbosims *grrrrrrrhhh*

From a design point of view, this looks like a design error in turbosims. bladox please fix that for coming releases.
pz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caique2001 wrote:
If a programming mistakes prevents the phone from having SIM access, you cannot programme it via turbo-utils anymore Sad

With a 3G you get "communication error", with an unlocked 2G you get "OK", but no serial number. turbo-remove-apps, turbo-reset also give "ok" but effectively do _nothing_ Sad

Looks like we've messed up our turbosims *grrrrrrrhhh*

From a design point of view, this looks like a design error in turbosims. bladox please fix that for coming releases.

TPIN does the job. In the worst cases reflash of kernel with btldr/programmer helps.
DecoDe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn`t work for me pz... still can`t see any info when I do turbo-info..

I have a TIProg. Can I use this with t-sim?

Thanks
todro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DecoDe wrote:

Thanks

There are a few issues when programming or accessing TSIM in the iphone with turbo-cable utils:

1.) programming it for the first time normally seems to work

2.) re-programming often fails

The reason for this behaviour is according to my observations the fact that once the card is programmed. e.g. with applesaft, it interacts with the sim and is sometimes busy when the sim card is accessed from iphone OS. This is the reason why using a lower baudrate works as this seems to lower the risk of a timing problem.

In iphone 2.x the CommCenter behaviour has been changed and there is a watchdog running which restarts the CommCenter, which might interfer with the programming, even if it has been stopped before.

I have not tried the new turbo-cable binaries for version 2 but this is what I would suggest:

either use -b57600 as commandline parameter or try to program the TSIM in an other phone, e.g. a Nokia 6230(i)

Do you use -v to get verbose info ?

And yes, you should be able to use the turbo programmer to re-program the TSIM using the sim card lock:

btldr -s kernel-TSIM-1.2.7.bin

@PZ
Pavel, I recall that usage of PROC_8_CONFIG_INIT_BOOSTER prvents TPIN to succeed, isn't it ?

Greetings,

Todro
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DecoDe wrote:

Thanks

In theory yes but you would have to rewrite the protocol, see turbo-prog-utils btldr source.
pz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

todro wrote:
DecoDe wrote:

Thanks

There are a few issues when programming or accessing TSIM in the iphone with turbo-cable utils:

1.) programming it for the first time normally seems to work

2.) re-programming often fails

The reason for this behaviour is according to my observations the fact that once the card is programmed. e.g. with applesaft, it interacts with the sim and is sometimes busy when the sim card is accessed from iphone OS. This is the reason why using a lower baudrate works as this seems to lower the risk of a timing problem.

Could be.

Quote:

In iphone 2.x the CommCenter behaviour has been changed and there is a watchdog running which restarts the CommCenter, which might interfer with the programming, even if it has been stopped before.

I have not tried the new turbo-cable binaries for version 2 but this is what I would suggest:

either use -b57600 as commandline parameter or try to program the TSIM in an other phone, e.g. a Nokia 6230(i)

Do you use -v to get verbose info ?

And yes, you should be able to use the turbo programmer to re-program the TSIM using the sim card lock:

btldr -s kernel-TSIM-1.2.7.bin

@PZ
Pavel, I recall that usage of PROC_8_CONFIG_INIT_BOOSTER prvents TPIN to succeed, isn't it ?

Greetings,

Todro

Yes, you are right, BOOSTER flag informs kernel to initiate (start) the application before we used to, before PIN (if set) VERIFY APDU.
DecoDe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried reseting it with TPin, tried installing stuff using my TIProg.. and I still only see the bladox setup menu. I also tried -b57600 with the same results. Tried on a 3g and on a 2.0 2G phone.

What else could I do?

Thanks
deadzone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just followed the tutorial on theiphonewiki and was unable to
complete any of the commands because of and error. The i read here
the parameter to -b57600 and it works. here is what i hace done:

turbo-info -b57600
ok

turbo-app -b57600 /private/var/root/zerog095.trb

this one im sure it works but my iphone keeps restarting after a
copuple of minutes under SSH connection so i can finish transfering the
files, anyt ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: