bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIm toolkit kick start WAP URL?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weasel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: SIm toolkit kick start WAP URL? Reply with quote

We are looking at something at evaluation level as consultancy project and before we go further would be very useful to know if your very interesting product can help.

We want to to give users a SIM (or similar tangible hardware) such that their device will access specific secure data (ideally from a WAP server). The user must still be able to use their phone and MSISDN for voice/sms as before. We have been thinking about taking the existing SIM from the handset and inserting SIM toolkit menu items on the SIM. The ultimate objective being that when SIM reinserted in the phone the user is then directed to a URL. If not possible with an existing SIM might require copying the SIM to a new SIM with new toolkit "items" inserted. However your Turbo SIM may be a better option.

Thanks for any help.
pz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case the handset supported "LAUNCH BROWSER" STK command then it is trivial. Most new phones (even Nokia!) support it. URL is parameter of this command.
weasel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Launch browser Reply with quote

Thanks indeed for that. In the meantime found good paper on WAP STK interaction on http://servlet.java.sun.com/javaone/javaone2000/pdfs/TS-1666.pdf

So if I were to buy Turbo SIM I could write an application that would direct the phone browser to a specific URL? The key thing is the user could still use their own SIM on the phone for voice etc..

One thing not clear to me : If I write new application for turbo SIM can I load it via the memory card or do I have to buy the Turbo Programmer?

Are you available on consultancy basis to answer other more specific questions? If so please indicate a charge?
Thanks
pz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Launch browser Reply with quote

weasel wrote:
Thanks indeed for that. In the meantime found good paper on WAP STK interaction on http://servlet.java.sun.com/javaone/javaone2000/pdfs/TS-1666.pdf

So if I were to buy Turbo SIM I could write an application that would direct the phone browser to a specific URL? The key thing is the user could still use their own SIM on the phone for voice etc..

Yes, sure.

Quote:

One thing not clear to me : If I write new application for turbo SIM can I load it via the memory card or do I have to buy the Turbo Programmer?

You can use just data cable with mobile phone supporting AT commands for SMS and turbo-prog-utils. You don't need programmer for this.

Quote:

Are you available on consultancy basis to answer other more specific questions? If so please indicate a charge?
Thanks

Yes, charge via private mail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: