bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cant access 'Setup' menu on Turbo adapter?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kl0f

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Cant access 'Setup' menu on Turbo adapter? Reply with quote

Hi

I cant access the 'Setup' menu on my Turbo adapter? I most likely messed it up myself, but how do I reset or upload new applications to the MCU to fix this?

BR
Per
pz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Cant access 'Setup' menu on Turbo adapter? Reply with quote

Kl0f wrote:
Hi

I cant access the 'Setup' menu on my Turbo adapter? I most likely messed it up myself, but how do I reset or upload new applications to the MCU to fix this?

BR
Per

Either use TPIN to reset eeprom or reflash kernel.

Btw. how did it happen?
Kl0f

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I dont know how it happend? I havent been using the STK menu for some time, since I use the Turbo adapter mostly for STK debugging.

I used the TPIN now, but I still cant enter 'Setup' menu.

Im not quite sure of the application loading, when am I useing MMC or MCU memory, can you explain the setup for me?

Which of the utils do I use for flashing kernel?

Br
Per
pz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kl0f wrote:
Actually I dont know how it happend? I havent been using the STK menu for some time, since I use the Turbo adapter mostly for STK debugging.

I used the TPIN now, but I still cant enter 'Setup' menu.

Very strange, and the phone/turbo/sim combo is still working, i.e. you can e.g. list phonebook or make call? What mobile phone/sim is used?

Quote:

Im not quite sure of the application loading, when am I useing MMC or MCU memory, can you explain the setup for me?

In case of memory card it is straightforward, assuming you can go into Setup->Applications->Load

Another option is to use turbo-cable-utils, "turbo-app" utility. You need cable and mobile with AT commands for SMS for this.

If you don't have such mobile/cable and have prog then use "cemu" command included in turbo-prog-utils-2.2.0, insert turbo flexible cable/fake sim into the sim lock on programmer.
Quote:

Which of the utils do I use for flashing kernel?

Br
Per

"btldr kernel.bin" if long connector on prog used or "btldr -s kernel.bin" for sim lock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Very strange, and the phone/turbo/sim combo is still working, i.e. you can e.g. list phonebook or make call? What mobile phone/sim is used?

Yes, everything worked but the 'Setup' menu, could this have something to do with the debug kernel I have uploaded? Anyway, I did a lot of messing around uploading the kernel, so if an error accured during one of many reflashes I would not be surprised. I used both Nokia 6600 and 6670 (same SIM implementation in both I think)

Quote:
If you don't have such mobile/cable and have prog then use "cemu" command included in turbo-prog-utils-2.2.0, insert turbo flexible cable/fake sim into the sim lock on programmer.

Ok... I remember now. I flashed the Turbo adapter and 'Setup' menu is working again, np!

Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: