bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SAT networking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: SAT networking Reply with quote

Hi, one more question, more general. I am looking for info on phones supporting SIM Application Toolkit networking, i.e. OPEN CHANNEL, SEND/RECEIVE DATA, CLOSE CHANNEL? In turbo devel doc I saw TERMINAL PROFILE of Siemens C55 should support it, any experience? What about others?
Thanks, David
pz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of SAT networking we have come across 2 devices supporting it:
1. Siemens C55 supporting both TCP and UDP protocols, CSD and GPRS bearers..
We were sucessful with opening channel and sending data. The fiirmware we have seems to have bug with receiving data - no data available event is invoked nor polling works. Both CSD and GPRS have this problem.

2. Panasonic GD67 supporting only UDP over CSD. Works great. Maybe new firmware supports GPRS as welll.

So this is our experience. Please look at the netowrking example in devel doc.

Pavel
fmcastro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: C55 support? Reply with quote

Hi,

I know this message is a little late since your message was sent on March but I´ll give it a shot Smile

I´m trying to implement a SIM Toolkit applet that opens a connection over gprs but I was only able to do it on Siemens C60. It works great sending and receiving data.

Could you tell me on which c55 firmware version you have opened the gprs channel? It always gives me a 0x21 or 0x3A error besides the little gprs indicator becomes "marked".

Have you noticed any change on the open_channel behaviour by altering the BEARER_DESCRIPTION parameter?

Thanks a lot for any info,

Felipe
pz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: C55 support? Reply with quote

fmcastro wrote:
Hi,

Could you tell me on which c55 firmware version you have opened the gprs channel? It always gives me a 0x21 or 0x3A error besides the little gprs indicator becomes "marked".

Have you noticed any change on the open_channel behaviour by altering the BEARER_DESCRIPTION parameter?

Thanks a lot for any info,

Felipe

I think it was ver.18 - now is updated to v24 and we are yet to try it.
I think the bearer/gprs parameters were 0,0,3,0,0 - this is default setting for turbo networking (but it is possible to configure that in Setup menu). And yes, the bearer_desc did something but seemed to be pure magic.

Anyway we have to refresh this area because there seems to be huge interest in such things..
fmcastro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Firmware version Reply with quote

Thanks for your info. But I think that version 24 is not supported by Siemens right? At least they don't offer this version on their site. Anyway, if you try the new firmware version I'd be really interested on the results.

Thanks again,

Felipe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: