bladox.com Forum Index bladox.com
Turbo SIM Toolkit Adapter Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia 3210 - cable download possible?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalmar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Nokia 3210 - cable download possible? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this phone supports the commands needed for the cable interface download method?

* AT+CMGW - write SMS
* AT+CMGR - read SMS
* AT+CMGD - delete SMS

I have looked in the 11.14 doc but the AT commands are not mentioned in the terminal profile codes.. Where should I be looking?

Thanks!
pz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is mobile phone/vendor specific, it has nothing to do with SIM Toolkit nor TERMINAL PROFILE (the AT COMMAND STK function is about using AT commands from STK application).

These are just general modem AT commands used on data/serial cable, IrDA or Bluetooth, i.e. the way PC communicates with phone.

Nokia used some proprietary protocols for old mobiles - N3210, N3310 included. AT is supported since about N6310. Other vendors were always AT cmpatible.

It would be in theory possible implement this functionality even with N3210 but the old protocols were quite a mess (read comments in gnokii package, same are even by Nokia engineers), better to buy second hand siemens c35 for this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will look on Ebay for a C35 Smile
pz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any siemens C, S line >=35 will do. Not the A line - these don't have AT commands at all.
kalmar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pz,
I got my turbo-lite and C35i.. trying with the Pager app, it sends out alarms OK but does not receive commands. In the doc it mentions that the internal memory may have to be filled up to cause the SMS to go to the SIM..
OK, if this is the reason, can you suggest a method for doing this easily? I have tried several data-utilities and none allow upload of SMS messages without sending..

thanks!
pz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kalmar wrote:
Hi pz,
I got my turbo-lite and C35i.. trying with the Pager app, it sends out alarms OK but does not receive commands. In the doc it mentions that the internal memory may have to be filled up to cause the SMS to go to the SIM..
OK, if this is the reason, can you suggest a method for doing this easily? I have tried several data-utilities and none allow upload of SMS messages without sending..

thanks!

C35 doesn't have internal memory for SMS so this is not the issue.
1. Is there free space for SMS on SIM card?
2. How does the phone behave on incoming SMS? Is it received? Stored on SIM card? [It should be deleted by pager app when received].

My bet is on number comparasion, what format do you have the phone number inserted in? If you don't inserted any number than pager will send status SMS to every sender, so this may be the easiest check.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) yes, I deleted all the SMS and then sent one for a test without Turbo, and it was stored.
2) incoming SMS alert appears on the screen, then there is the "new message" envelope icon for a few seconds, then it is removed and the message is not seen in the inbox, so I guess it is deleted.

I do not have any number in the config, but I still don't get any answer. It is an Orange UK PAYG SIM. I guess I will try another..

thanks for the help
pz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
1) yes, I deleted all the SMS and then sent one for a test without Turbo, and it was stored.
2) incoming SMS alert appears on the screen, then there is the "new message" envelope icon for a few seconds, then it is removed and the message is not seen in the inbox, so I guess it is deleted.

I do not have any number in the config, but I still don't get any answer. It is an Orange UK PAYG SIM. I guess I will try another..

thanks for the help

What is the sending mbile phone used? We have just found out that M65 includes some so called UHDI (used header) to each SMS sent. We will have to modify pager app to skip this header. Why does M65 does this is mystery.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.. it's Nokia 3110. I will try sending from another phone. Thanks.
pz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N3310 is fine, so the problem is elsewhere. Your scenarion is C35 with Turbo <-> N3310? Makes no sense, this is proven. Could you try it vice versa?
Kalmar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I made a mistake about the Nokia model, it's actually 5110 (quite old). Anyway, I have tried with C35->C35, tried two different Turbo-Lites, nothing working yet but I am waiting for a new SIM to try.

Thanks
kalmar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: what happened next Reply with quote

I was not able to get Pager app to follow a command or reply (it would send out Alarms OK).
I tried 4 different phones, and I even bought two new SIM cards and registered them (this is getting expensive!)
Still, it did not work!

Finally I tried another turbo-lite. It worked first time...

Now I will get on with development but I will come back to it later. I don't see how it could be a hardware fault, but the app version etc is the same.. very strange.
pz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: what happened next Reply with quote

kalmar wrote:
I was not able to get Pager app to follow a command or reply (it would send out Alarms OK).
I tried 4 different phones, and I even bought two new SIM cards and registered them (this is getting expensive!)
Still, it did not work!

Finally I tried another turbo-lite. It worked first time...

Now I will get on with development but I will come back to it later. I don't see how it could be a hardware fault, but the app version etc is the same.. very strange.

This is very strange. Could you apply the TPIN to reset the Lite and upload new pager.trb via turbo-appcable utility? It must be something wrong with the pager application itself.
kalmar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
TPIN? Where can I read about this?

I tried using the turbo-cable-utils.
turbo-rm-apps - good, that deleted the pager app.

turbo-app pager.trb - that failed after about 2 blocks: Mobile Phone/Serial Cable Communication Error

I tried a few times but same result. What am I doing wrong?

Kernel Version 1.1.0.0
Serial Number 3b50-feoktivg0
OK. No Error

Thanks
kalmar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, I tried a turbo-reset and then a few more attempts of loading, and finally it accepted the app and is working (I mean, fully working including receieving texts, which it never did before!)
But.. it seems to be unreliable for doing the upload. is this normal? The development cycle will be painful!

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bladox.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: